Birthday wishes to Evelyn Lissie Cochran

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2009
      I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to my great grandmother Evelyn
      Lissie Cochran.

      Evelyn Lissie Cochran born 20 April 1868 in Etna, Penobscot County,
      Maine daughter of Randall Nelson Cochran (Samuel) and Phebe
      Elizabeth Glidden (William Stinson 7, Ezekial Averill 6, Benjamin
      5, Charles 4, Charles 3, Richard 2, Charles 1). She was missing
      from her home in Searsport, Waldo County, Maine in June or July
      1917 -- nothing further.

      Her husband was Dummer Michael "Mike" Sylvester born 19 January
      1865 in Etna son of Daniel Sylvester (Calvin 6, Edmund 5, Zebulon
      4, Zebulon [Silvester] 3, Israel 2, Richard 1) and Eliza Wolf
      Friend (Amos 7, Phineas 6, Benjamin 5, John 4, John 3, James 2,
      John 1). He died 1 March 1958 in Searsport and is buried in Gordon
      Cemetery in Searsport.

      Mike and Evelyn (third cousins) married 4 July 1891 as her second
      marriage. She had previously married Mr. Elbridge in 1888 in
      Carmel, Penobscot County, Maine.

      Children:

      1. Lionel Nelson Sylvester born 7 April 1892, died December 1945,
      married Mabel Stark 8 Nov 1917. One son. Later married Leona Jones.
      Two daughters.

      2. Vivian Daniel Sylvester born 20 November 1893 in Hartland,
      Somerset County, Maine, died 24 October 1968. Married Evangeline
      Estelle Washburn of Madison, Somerset County, Maine daughter of
      Edward Jones Washburn and Alice Eldora Williams 22 June 1916 in
      Madison. Two sons. (my line)

      3. Gertrude Pansy Sylvester born 13 July 1899 in St. Albans,
      Somerset County, Maine, died 28 May 1981, married Charles Roland
      Gordon 1 May 1921. One son and four daughters.

      1-- Samuel Cochran (1797-____) Hannah Nelson (1803-____)
      2-- Randall Nelson Cochran (1836-1905) Phebe Elizabeth Glidden
      (1840-1927)
      3-- Evelyn Lissie Cochran (1868-1917) Dummer Michael Sylvester
      (1865-1958)
      4-- Vivian Daniel Sylvester (1893-1968) Evangeline Estelle Washburn
      (1895-1981)
      5-- Living Sylvester (1917-) Living Merry (1924-)
      6-- David Wayne Sylvester (1951-) Living (1955-)
      7-- Living Sylvester (1991-)
    • David Sylvester