Cobb Family

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      Dear List members:

      I am looking for information on the following family:

      Nicholas Cobb(son of Nathan Cobb and Mary Sawyer) born June 5, 1796 in
      Limington Maine married (int.) 12 Jan 1818 in Limington, Me to Mary Sawyer
      born 09 August 1795 Wells, Me. He died 02 April 1887 in Poland, Me. She died
      27 Nov 1879 in Limington, Me. They had the following children:

      Noah H Cobb (my ancestor) born 12 Sept 1823 in Baldwin, ME died 25 May 1894
      in Minot, Me married ca 1856 Mary A Bragdon she born 10 June 1823 Cornish,
      Me she died 19 June 1897 Poland, Me. Both are buried in Pine Grove Cemetery
      in Poland, ME.

      I am looking for more information on Noah's siblings:

      Nancy Born ca 1825
      Sarah born 1829
      William born ca 1833
      Mary born ca 1836.
      All possibly in NH. (which later became part of ME)

      Any information appreciated!
      Regards
      Sue Szewczyk
    • esirnus66
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        Susan, You might want to try the book "Early Families of Limington,
        Maine" by Robert Taylor. I think it was published by Picton Press in
        Maine, but I'm not sure if it's out of print or not. Worth a try...
        Dawn