Re: [MaineFamilies] Digest Number 358

  • Jamesdm49@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2002
      Sheila:

      I saw your surname list on the Maine Genealogy list. Where do your Maine
      Mitchells hail from? Mine came from Ireland via Prince Edward Island. My
      great grandfather, Peter Mitchell, emigrated from PEI to Berlin, New
      Hampshire in the 1880s, ultimately settling in Baileyville, Maine, c. 1906.
      He had siblings and cousins who also settled in Maine, about whom I know
      little. Others went to Massachusetts. If this is your family, I have quite a
      bit of information on it.

      David Mitchell James
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/j/a/m/David-M-James-NH/index.html