Support YOUR country and the fight against terrorism.. Here is how you can help!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2002
      Hi Folks,

      I am a member of the DAR (Daughters of American Revolution) this is our
      project but ANYONE can participate, I hope you will!

      God Bless America!!
      Sue Szewczyk

      Announcing "PROJECT PATRIOT"
      "Project Patriot" is the official national DAR project to show support for
      the worldwide war against terrorism.

      All of us watched TV helplessly on that now infamous day, 9-11, as airplanes
      flew into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon, and then witnessed the
      Pennsylvania crash scene of the fourth hijacked plane. As we watched, we
      wondered what we could do to help in the defense of our country and this new
      war waged by fanatical terrorists against the very freedoms our
      Revolutionary ancestors fought for. During the months since September 11,
      the DAR has been working with the Navy Department on a project that all DAR
      members, school children and the public can participate in to express our
      love of country, patriotic spirit and support for our military. As
      President Bush said at the reopening in D.C. of Reagan National Airport: "We
      got struck on September 11, but you can't strike the American Spirit."

      Now there is a way that each of us can help spread the American Spirit and
      do our part to support the war against terrorism by sending "thank you
      cards" and "DAR care packages" to the 5,100 men and women serving our
      country on deployment with the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis in the
      North Arabian Sea.

      The Department of the Navy has authorized DAR to "adopt" the nuclear
      aircraft carrier, USS JOHN C. STENNIS (CVN 74) and its embarked Air Wing.

      Convey your appreciation for the service and sacrifice of our dedicated men
      and women in uniform by participating in "PROJECT PATRIOT".

      How Can I Participate?
      � For just $25.00, you can send a complete care package to one of the 5,100
      crew members, along with a thank you card.
      � Send a donation of any amount to help support PROJECT PATRIOT along with a
      thank you card.
      � Write a letter of thanks to be sent to DAR for the USS Stennis.
      � Ask your local businesses and organizations to participate in PROJECT
      PATRIOT and send donations for care packages to the NSDAR Treasurer General,
      along with their thank you cards.
      � Tell your friends! All mail should be sent to NSDAR, not to the ship. All
      PROJECT PATRIOT donations must be sent to the NSDAR Treasurer General (see

      Is This Project Limited to DAR Members?
      No. Project Patriot is open to everyone. Tell your friends and family about
      your support of "Operation Enduring Freedom" and encourage their donations
      to this worthy cause. Children from the DAR Schools will be participating
      with letters and drawings.

      How Do I Send A Contribution?
      Send your monetary donation along with your personal thank you card to:
      NSDAR, Attention: Project Patriot, Treasurer General, 1776 D Street, NW,
      Washington, D.C. 20006-5303. Checks should be made payable to Treasurer
      General, NSDAR, and are tax deductible. Please be sure to note Project
      Patriot on the check. While each care package costs $25, any amount will be
      appreciated and will be used towards purchasing books and other needed items
      for ship's personnel.

      About USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) and Its Crew
      With a crew of 5,100 Sailors and Marines, the aircraft carrier USS John C.
      Stennis is currently deployed in the Arabian Sea as part of "Operation
      Enduring Freedom." Show your appreciation to the men and women of the
      military for their sacrifice and service; support "Project Patriot"!
      To learn more about the USS John C. Stennis, visit

      Let's roll!

      Beth Bugbee
      National Chairman,