RE: [MaineFamilies] Ancestor Roll Call of surnames

  • Liz Schmidt
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2001
      my families are:
      Thompson, Alltimes in Arundel
      Burks, Burbank in Wells and Kennebunk
      Haley, Perkins, Thompson, in Biddeford
      Simpson in York

      I would like to get this list going again.
      Please post your surnames to the list. maybe you can make a
      connection!

      Mine are:
      Collamore-Southport, Me
      Marr-Southport,Marr's Island, Me
      Stevens- Salisbury, Ma
      Smith-Calais, Me and England
      Wardell/Wordell Lubec, Me
      Merrill-Salisbury, Ma ca 1816
      Small/Smalley
      Bartlett-Raymond, Portland,Me
      Hanscomb-Old Orchard,Scarbourgh, Me
      Coolbroth-Scarborough-Old Orchard, Me
      Doughty-Chebeague Island/Germany/Holland
      Brown-Chebeague Island, Me

      Thanks
      would love to hear from anyone cousin!
      Sue
      Mainefamilies Listowner

    • Jamesdm49@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2001
        Sue, we may have a connection, if my Waddell of Trescott is the same as your Wardell of Lubec.

        My 3G-grandmother was Elmira Waddell, b. abt March 1828 in Lubec, d. 27 Jul 1882 in Trescott, age 54y 4m. Buried in the Jones/McFadden Cemetery off Jones Rd in Trescott. She was the wife of William Jones.

        Other families I am researching:

        James of Calais and Princeton
        Glidden of Calais and Princeton
        Dean of Baileyville
        Abner Bailey of Baileyville
        Mary Beverly of Baileyville
        Henry Scott of Baileyville and Calais
        Dodge of Dennysville
        Nelson and Sarah (James) Hall of Whiting (esp. descendants)
        Robert and Susan (James) McLeod. (Descendants. She was from Calais, he was from St. James Parish, NB. NFI after their marriage bond 11 Oct 1858.)
        Enoch and Etta (Hill) Hallowell of Edmunds (descendants, they married in 1878)
        Charles and Betsy (Glidden) Hanscom (descendants, disappeared from Calais aft. 1850)
        Ripley of Jefferson and Waite
        Fisher of Waite and Princeton, esp. descendants
        Jones of Trescott
        Jellison of Calais and Miramichi
        King of Calais and Sackville

        David Mitchell James