Ancestor Roll Call

  • skolfs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
      I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:

      NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
      CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
      in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
      a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.

      EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
      parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.

      HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
      early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.

      CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
      They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
      from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
      Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
      ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
      well.

      Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
      MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
      SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).

      The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
      searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
      anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
      BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
      KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
      SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
      WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.

      Take care,
      Sarah
    • jvmcgovern
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
        Let me add my Family to the List...

        Brown...Yarmouth, Maine
        True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine
        Blanchard...Yarmouth
        Gordon..Statton, Maine
        Vining...Durham, Maine
        Blake... Salem, Mt. Vernon, Maine
        Sanford...Temple, Livermore Falls, Maine
        Moore....Phillips, Maine
        Dyer...Cape Elizabeth, Maine
        and more.....
      • adiehm
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
          Researching families of:

          HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth)
              HENRY DYER of  Cape Elizabeth & Steuben
              HANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861
              ANNA DYER  1780-1858

          JOHN ADAMS WASS of Addison 1777-1852

          JONATHAN LEIGHTON of Steuben 1767-1847

          ABIAH DEAN HALL 1787-1867 daughter of NOAH HALL & ABIAH DEAN of MA
              wife of
                  JOHN WAITE (?) m1812 mother of
                      JOHN J WAITE
                      GEORGE W WAITE 1818-1866
                  ROBERT MOORE m 1822

          Anne

        • Roberta Mann
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
            Here¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my
            Smith's of Maine.

            Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin, Brackett,
            Bragdon, Bridges, Brock, Bunker, Burnham, Butland, Butler,
            Carlile, Chadbourne, Chick, Clark, Cleaves, Clegg, Cloaves, Crispin, Cole,
            Cook, Coombs, Cooper, Cotton, Cousens, Crawford, Cross, Currier,
            Davis, Day, Dennett, Dort, Drown, Durrell, Dyer,
            Eaton, Elliott, Elwell, Emery, Evans,
            Freeman
            Gaston, Googins, Goodwin, Grant,
            Halott, Hall, Ham, Hanscom, Haselton, Haynes, Heard, Hearn, Heckman,
            Herdman, Hill, Hinckley, Hobbs, Hooper, Hunter, Hutchins,
            Jellison, Judson, Jenkins,
            Kelly, Keniston, Kimball Kincade, Kitridge, Knapp
            Ladd, Lahzf, Layhar, Legersee, Libby, Littlefield, Locke, Lockhart, Lombard,
            Lord, Lunt,
            Maddox, Markey, Merrill, Mills, Morey, Moore, Murdock, Murphy, MacBride,
            McCloud, McGaw, McIntyre,
            Nason, Neely, Norton, Nowell,
            Otis, Oldfield
            Page, Perkins, Pickering, Plaisted, Potts
            Randall, Reckards, Reid, Remick, Ridlon, Roberts, Rollins, Roone, Rounds,
            Russell, Rumery,
            Salvage, Sands, Sanders, Sarbar, Sawyer, Seavey, Seelye, Sharpe, Shaw,
            Sherwin, Smith, Snowe, Stafford, Staples, Stevens, Stewart, Stuart,
            Sweetser,
            Tafton, Tarbox, Taylor, Timmons, Titcomb, Thompson, Towne, Trafton, Tozier
            Wadleigh, Wagner, Walker, Waldron, Warren, Washburn, Welch, Whipple,
            Williams, Wood, Woodman, Wormwood, Worth,
            Yeaton, Young,

            Bobbi
            Here's my WebPage: http://home.att.net/~bo66i/
          • Roberta Mann
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 31, 2001
              Hi Joan,

              I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my
              Smith's are located in various towns in York, Co., ME.

              I have not researched many of my branch families but they are all decendants
              of Simon Smith (b. 1583;London,England) and Martha Oldfield (b.
              1585;England)

              I have taken a quick look and will look further for you.

              here's what I have on Dyer

              Joshua Smith & Margaret Dyer Married 26 April 1828.

              Joshua Smith was the son of Joseph Smith ( -1873) and Hannah Roberts
              (1798-1887) m. 4 Dec 1816; Lyman, ME.

              Is this a help?

              Bobbi