Re: [MaineFamilies] Ancestor Roll Call

  • Caroline Leary
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
      I have many Maine families - mostly in Hancock Co., and a few in York,
      Cumberland and Oxford Co.

      Need help finding parents for the following:

      Peter Mograge b 12 Aug 1752 York; d 11 Jan 1817 Penobscot; and his wife
      Peggy Moore ? b 18 Nov 1757 Portland; d 19 Jan 1849 Penobscot

      Cunningham Lymburner b Scotland; d Sedgwick; m Elizabeth Stover (have her
      ancestors)

      Rebecca wife of Ebenezer Herrick (b Gloucester,MA): They had daughter
      Susannah b 9 Feb 1778 Sedgwick; m Amos L. Eaton 14 Mar 1799 Sedgwick. ( have
      his ancestry)

      Isaac Coombs b bet 1795 and 1805 Monmouth; d 29 Aug 1869 Albany; m 19 Jan
      1826, Otisfield, Harriett Edwards ( have her ancestry).

      Hannah Lathrop b 1742 poss Haverhill, MA; d 3 Jan 1823, prob Gorham; m 4 Jul
      1765 Gorham to Richard Edwards (have his ancestry).

      Nancy Davis abt 1775 RI, m Thomas Urann son of John Urin and Phoebe Davis
      see below)

      Phoebe Davis b abt 1731, Berwick, ME m 1 Jun 1752, Berwick to John Urin
      (have his ancestry)

      Any help with these deadends will be appreciated.

      Cookie Leary
      Omaha, NE
    • skolfs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
        I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:

        NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
        CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
        in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
        a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.

        EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
        parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.

        HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
        early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.

        CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
        They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
        from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
        Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
        ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
        well.

        Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
        MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
        SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).

        The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
        searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
        anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
        BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
        KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
        SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
        WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.

        Take care,
        Sarah
      • jvmcgovern
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
          Let me add my Family to the List...

          Brown...Yarmouth, Maine
          True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine
          Blanchard...Yarmouth
          Gordon..Statton, Maine
          Vining...Durham, Maine
          Blake... Salem, Mt. Vernon, Maine
          Sanford...Temple, Livermore Falls, Maine
          Moore....Phillips, Maine
          Dyer...Cape Elizabeth, Maine
          and more.....
        • adiehm
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
            Researching families of:

            HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth)
                HENRY DYER of  Cape Elizabeth & Steuben
                HANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861
                ANNA DYER  1780-1858

            JOHN ADAMS WASS of Addison 1777-1852

            JONATHAN LEIGHTON of Steuben 1767-1847

            ABIAH DEAN HALL 1787-1867 daughter of NOAH HALL & ABIAH DEAN of MA
                wife of
                    JOHN WAITE (?) m1812 mother of
                        JOHN J WAITE
                        GEORGE W WAITE 1818-1866
                    ROBERT MOORE m 1822

            Anne

          • Roberta Mann
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
              Here¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my
              Smith's of Maine.

              Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin, Brackett,
              Bragdon, Bridges, Brock, Bunker, Burnham, Butland, Butler,
              Carlile, Chadbourne, Chick, Clark, Cleaves, Clegg, Cloaves, Crispin, Cole,
              Cook, Coombs, Cooper, Cotton, Cousens, Crawford, Cross, Currier,
              Davis, Day, Dennett, Dort, Drown, Durrell, Dyer,
              Eaton, Elliott, Elwell, Emery, Evans,
              Freeman
              Gaston, Googins, Goodwin, Grant,
              Halott, Hall, Ham, Hanscom, Haselton, Haynes, Heard, Hearn, Heckman,
              Herdman, Hill, Hinckley, Hobbs, Hooper, Hunter, Hutchins,
              Jellison, Judson, Jenkins,
              Kelly, Keniston, Kimball Kincade, Kitridge, Knapp
              Ladd, Lahzf, Layhar, Legersee, Libby, Littlefield, Locke, Lockhart, Lombard,
              Lord, Lunt,
              Maddox, Markey, Merrill, Mills, Morey, Moore, Murdock, Murphy, MacBride,
              McCloud, McGaw, McIntyre,
              Nason, Neely, Norton, Nowell,
              Otis, Oldfield
              Page, Perkins, Pickering, Plaisted, Potts
              Randall, Reckards, Reid, Remick, Ridlon, Roberts, Rollins, Roone, Rounds,
              Russell, Rumery,
              Salvage, Sands, Sanders, Sarbar, Sawyer, Seavey, Seelye, Sharpe, Shaw,
              Sherwin, Smith, Snowe, Stafford, Staples, Stevens, Stewart, Stuart,
              Sweetser,
              Tafton, Tarbox, Taylor, Timmons, Titcomb, Thompson, Towne, Trafton, Tozier
              Wadleigh, Wagner, Walker, Waldron, Warren, Washburn, Welch, Whipple,
              Williams, Wood, Woodman, Wormwood, Worth,
              Yeaton, Young,

              Bobbi
              Here's my WebPage: http://home.att.net/~bo66i/
            • Roberta Mann
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 31, 2001
                Hi Joan,

                I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my
                Smith's are located in various towns in York, Co., ME.

                I have not researched many of my branch families but they are all decendants
                of Simon Smith (b. 1583;London,England) and Martha Oldfield (b.
                1585;England)

                I have taken a quick look and will look further for you.

                here's what I have on Dyer

                Joshua Smith & Margaret Dyer Married 26 April 1828.

                Joshua Smith was the son of Joseph Smith ( -1873) and Hannah Roberts
                (1798-1887) m. 4 Dec 1816; Lyman, ME.

                Is this a help?

                Bobbi