RE: [MaineFamilies] Ancestor Roll Call

  • Chuck Heath
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
      Happy New Year All:

      My ancestors are mainly from Lewiston, Minot, Poland, Auburn and Portland.

      The major surnames are: CHANDLER, BANKS, PENNELL, HASKELL, RIGGS, WHEELER,
      POLAND, JORDAN, DENNEN,
      KE(CU)NNINGHAM, PACKARD, BUCK, GITTON, RICKARD

      My current focus in on BANKS (Joseph and Lydia) and PENNELL (HASKELL, RIGGS,
      WHEELER, POLAND)

      Chuck Heath
      Alexandria, Virginia

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
        Researching surnames Hubbard in the Waterville, Me area, 1800's and
        Kearns/Spencer in the Bangor area, early 1900's.

        Betty in FL.

        BeLLis6@...
      • Caroline Leary
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
          I have many Maine families - mostly in Hancock Co., and a few in York,
          Cumberland and Oxford Co.

          Need help finding parents for the following:

          Peter Mograge b 12 Aug 1752 York; d 11 Jan 1817 Penobscot; and his wife
          Peggy Moore ? b 18 Nov 1757 Portland; d 19 Jan 1849 Penobscot

          Cunningham Lymburner b Scotland; d Sedgwick; m Elizabeth Stover (have her
          ancestors)

          Rebecca wife of Ebenezer Herrick (b Gloucester,MA): They had daughter
          Susannah b 9 Feb 1778 Sedgwick; m Amos L. Eaton 14 Mar 1799 Sedgwick. ( have
          his ancestry)

          Isaac Coombs b bet 1795 and 1805 Monmouth; d 29 Aug 1869 Albany; m 19 Jan
          1826, Otisfield, Harriett Edwards ( have her ancestry).

          Hannah Lathrop b 1742 poss Haverhill, MA; d 3 Jan 1823, prob Gorham; m 4 Jul
          1765 Gorham to Richard Edwards (have his ancestry).

          Nancy Davis abt 1775 RI, m Thomas Urann son of John Urin and Phoebe Davis
          see below)

          Phoebe Davis b abt 1731, Berwick, ME m 1 Jun 1752, Berwick to John Urin
          (have his ancestry)

          Any help with these deadends will be appreciated.

          Cookie Leary
          Omaha, NE
        • skolfs@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
            I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:

            NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
            CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
            in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
            a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.

            EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
            parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.

            HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
            early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.

            CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
            They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
            from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
            Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
            ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
            well.

            Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
            MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
            SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).

            The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
            searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
            anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
            BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
            KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
            SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
            WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.

            Take care,
            Sarah
          • jvmcgovern
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
              Let me add my Family to the List...

              Brown...Yarmouth, Maine
              True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine
              Blanchard...Yarmouth
              Gordon..Statton, Maine
              Vining...Durham, Maine
              Blake... Salem, Mt. Vernon, Maine
              Sanford...Temple, Livermore Falls, Maine
              Moore....Phillips, Maine
              Dyer...Cape Elizabeth, Maine
              and more.....
            • adiehm
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                Researching families of:

                HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth)
                    HENRY DYER of  Cape Elizabeth & Steuben
                    HANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861
                    ANNA DYER  1780-1858

                JOHN ADAMS WASS of Addison 1777-1852

                JONATHAN LEIGHTON of Steuben 1767-1847

                ABIAH DEAN HALL 1787-1867 daughter of NOAH HALL & ABIAH DEAN of MA
                    wife of
                        JOHN WAITE (?) m1812 mother of
                            JOHN J WAITE
                            GEORGE W WAITE 1818-1866
                        ROBERT MOORE m 1822

                Anne

              • Roberta Mann
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                  Here¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my
                  Smith's of Maine.

                  Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin, Brackett,
                  Bragdon, Bridges, Brock, Bunker, Burnham, Butland, Butler,
                  Carlile, Chadbourne, Chick, Clark, Cleaves, Clegg, Cloaves, Crispin, Cole,
                  Cook, Coombs, Cooper, Cotton, Cousens, Crawford, Cross, Currier,
                  Davis, Day, Dennett, Dort, Drown, Durrell, Dyer,
                  Eaton, Elliott, Elwell, Emery, Evans,
                  Freeman
                  Gaston, Googins, Goodwin, Grant,
                  Halott, Hall, Ham, Hanscom, Haselton, Haynes, Heard, Hearn, Heckman,
                  Herdman, Hill, Hinckley, Hobbs, Hooper, Hunter, Hutchins,
                  Jellison, Judson, Jenkins,
                  Kelly, Keniston, Kimball Kincade, Kitridge, Knapp
                  Ladd, Lahzf, Layhar, Legersee, Libby, Littlefield, Locke, Lockhart, Lombard,
                  Lord, Lunt,
                  Maddox, Markey, Merrill, Mills, Morey, Moore, Murdock, Murphy, MacBride,
                  McCloud, McGaw, McIntyre,
                  Nason, Neely, Norton, Nowell,
                  Otis, Oldfield
                  Page, Perkins, Pickering, Plaisted, Potts
                  Randall, Reckards, Reid, Remick, Ridlon, Roberts, Rollins, Roone, Rounds,
                  Russell, Rumery,
                  Salvage, Sands, Sanders, Sarbar, Sawyer, Seavey, Seelye, Sharpe, Shaw,
                  Sherwin, Smith, Snowe, Stafford, Staples, Stevens, Stewart, Stuart,
                  Sweetser,
                  Tafton, Tarbox, Taylor, Timmons, Titcomb, Thompson, Towne, Trafton, Tozier
                  Wadleigh, Wagner, Walker, Waldron, Warren, Washburn, Welch, Whipple,
                  Williams, Wood, Woodman, Wormwood, Worth,
                  Yeaton, Young,

                  Bobbi
                  Here's my WebPage: http://home.att.net/~bo66i/
                • Roberta Mann
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 31, 2001
                    Hi Joan,

                    I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my
                    Smith's are located in various towns in York, Co., ME.

                    I have not researched many of my branch families but they are all decendants
                    of Simon Smith (b. 1583;London,England) and Martha Oldfield (b.
                    1585;England)

                    I have taken a quick look and will look further for you.

                    here's what I have on Dyer

                    Joshua Smith & Margaret Dyer Married 26 April 1828.

                    Joshua Smith was the son of Joseph Smith ( -1873) and Hannah Roberts
                    (1798-1887) m. 4 Dec 1816; Lyman, ME.

                    Is this a help?

                    Bobbi