- Happy New Year All: My ancestors are mainly from Lewiston, Minot, Poland, Auburn and Portland. The major surnames are: CHANDLER, BANKS, PENNELL, HASKELL,Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001View SourceHappy New Year All:
My ancestors are mainly from Lewiston, Minot, Poland, Auburn and Portland.
The major surnames are: CHANDLER, BANKS, PENNELL, HASKELL, RIGGS, WHEELER,
POLAND, JORDAN, DENNEN,
KE(CU)NNINGHAM, PACKARD, BUCK, GITTON, RICKARD
My current focus in on BANKS (Joseph and Lydia) and PENNELL (HASKELL, RIGGS,
From: Susan Szewczyk [mailto:SUSANSZ@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 4:25 PM
Subject: [MaineFamilies] Ancestor Roll Call
I thought I would get this list going with a roll call of our
ancestors surnames. I would love to hear from anyone with the
- Researching surnames Hubbard in the Waterville, Me area, 1800 s and Kearns/Spencer in the Bangor area, early 1900 s. Betty in FL. BeLLis6@aoL.comMessage 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001View SourceResearching surnames Hubbard in the Waterville, Me area, 1800's and
Kearns/Spencer in the Bangor area, early 1900's.
Betty in FL.
- I have many Maine families - mostly in Hancock Co., and a few in York, Cumberland and Oxford Co. Need help finding parents for the following: Peter Mograge bMessage 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001View SourceI have many Maine families - mostly in Hancock Co., and a few in York,
Cumberland and Oxford Co.
Need help finding parents for the following:
Peter Mograge b 12 Aug 1752 York; d 11 Jan 1817 Penobscot; and his wife
Peggy Moore ? b 18 Nov 1757 Portland; d 19 Jan 1849 Penobscot
Cunningham Lymburner b Scotland; d Sedgwick; m Elizabeth Stover (have her
Rebecca wife of Ebenezer Herrick (b Gloucester,MA): They had daughter
Susannah b 9 Feb 1778 Sedgwick; m Amos L. Eaton 14 Mar 1799 Sedgwick. ( have
Isaac Coombs b bet 1795 and 1805 Monmouth; d 29 Aug 1869 Albany; m 19 Jan
1826, Otisfield, Harriett Edwards ( have her ancestry).
Hannah Lathrop b 1742 poss Haverhill, MA; d 3 Jan 1823, prob Gorham; m 4 Jul
1765 Gorham to Richard Edwards (have his ancestry).
Nancy Davis abt 1775 RI, m Thomas Urann son of John Urin and Phoebe Davis
Phoebe Davis b abt 1731, Berwick, ME m 1 Jun 1752, Berwick to John Urin
(have his ancestry)
Any help with these deadends will be appreciated.
- I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others: NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth CLAYTON.Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001View SourceI have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:
NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.
EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.
HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.
CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).
The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.
- Let me add my Family to the List... Brown...Yarmouth, Maine True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine Blanchard...Yarmouth Gordon..Statton, Maine Vining...Durham,Message 5 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001View SourceLet me add my Family to the List...
True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine
Blake... Salem, Mt. Vernon, Maine
Sanford...Temple, Livermore Falls, Maine
Dyer...Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Researching families of: HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth) HENRY DYER of Cape Elizabeth & Steuben HANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861 ANNA DYERMessage 6 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001View SourceResearching families of:HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth)HENRY DYER of Cape Elizabeth & SteubenHANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861ANNA DYER 1780-1858JOHN ADAMS WASS of Addison 1777-1852JONATHAN LEIGHTON of Steuben 1767-1847ABIAH DEAN HALL 1787-1867 daughter of NOAH HALL & ABIAH DEAN of MAwife ofJOHN WAITE (?) m1812 mother ofJOHN J WAITEGEORGE W WAITE 1818-1866ROBERT MOORE m 1822Anne
- Here¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my Smith s of Maine. Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin,Message 7 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001View SourceHere¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my
Smith's of Maine.
Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin, Brackett,
Bragdon, Bridges, Brock, Bunker, Burnham, Butland, Butler,
Carlile, Chadbourne, Chick, Clark, Cleaves, Clegg, Cloaves, Crispin, Cole,
Cook, Coombs, Cooper, Cotton, Cousens, Crawford, Cross, Currier,
Davis, Day, Dennett, Dort, Drown, Durrell, Dyer,
Eaton, Elliott, Elwell, Emery, Evans,
Gaston, Googins, Goodwin, Grant,
Halott, Hall, Ham, Hanscom, Haselton, Haynes, Heard, Hearn, Heckman,
Herdman, Hill, Hinckley, Hobbs, Hooper, Hunter, Hutchins,
Jellison, Judson, Jenkins,
Kelly, Keniston, Kimball Kincade, Kitridge, Knapp
Ladd, Lahzf, Layhar, Legersee, Libby, Littlefield, Locke, Lockhart, Lombard,
Maddox, Markey, Merrill, Mills, Morey, Moore, Murdock, Murphy, MacBride,
McCloud, McGaw, McIntyre,
Nason, Neely, Norton, Nowell,
Page, Perkins, Pickering, Plaisted, Potts
Randall, Reckards, Reid, Remick, Ridlon, Roberts, Rollins, Roone, Rounds,
Salvage, Sands, Sanders, Sarbar, Sawyer, Seavey, Seelye, Sharpe, Shaw,
Sherwin, Smith, Snowe, Stafford, Staples, Stevens, Stewart, Stuart,
Tafton, Tarbox, Taylor, Timmons, Titcomb, Thompson, Towne, Trafton, Tozier
Wadleigh, Wagner, Walker, Waldron, Warren, Washburn, Welch, Whipple,
Williams, Wood, Woodman, Wormwood, Worth,
Here's my WebPage: http://home.att.net/~bo66i/
- Hi Joan, I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my Smith s are located in various towns in York, Co., ME. I have notMessage 8 of 12 , Oct 31, 2001View SourceHi Joan,
I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my
Smith's are located in various towns in York, Co., ME.
I have not researched many of my branch families but they are all decendants
of Simon Smith (b. 1583;London,England) and Martha Oldfield (b.
I have taken a quick look and will look further for you.
here's what I have on Dyer
Joshua Smith & Margaret Dyer Married 26 April 1828.
Joshua Smith was the son of Joseph Smith ( -1873) and Hannah Roberts
(1798-1887) m. 4 Dec 1816; Lyman, ME.
Is this a help?