Re: [MaineFamilies] Ancestor Roll Call

  • Rideout Family
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2000
      And my Maine surnames are........Strout, Small, Edgerly, Phillips, Sanborn,
      Johnson and Huff.

      Art Rideout
      Fallbrook CA
    • Colleen
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 31, 2000
        ADAMS in Lincoln, ME (1840) and by marriage Standish, Wyman, Barnes,
        Bradford.
        SMITH in Clinton, ME (1830) and other names associated include Nason,
        Dillingham, Hunter to name just a few.....
      • Chuck Heath
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
          Happy New Year All:

          My ancestors are mainly from Lewiston, Minot, Poland, Auburn and Portland.

          The major surnames are: CHANDLER, BANKS, PENNELL, HASKELL, RIGGS, WHEELER,
          POLAND, JORDAN, DENNEN,
          KE(CU)NNINGHAM, PACKARD, BUCK, GITTON, RICKARD

          My current focus in on BANKS (Joseph and Lydia) and PENNELL (HASKELL, RIGGS,
          WHEELER, POLAND)

          Chuck Heath
          Alexandria, Virginia

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
            Researching surnames Hubbard in the Waterville, Me area, 1800's and
            Kearns/Spencer in the Bangor area, early 1900's.

            Betty in FL.

            BeLLis6@...
          • Caroline Leary
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
              I have many Maine families - mostly in Hancock Co., and a few in York,
              Cumberland and Oxford Co.

              Need help finding parents for the following:

              Peter Mograge b 12 Aug 1752 York; d 11 Jan 1817 Penobscot; and his wife
              Peggy Moore ? b 18 Nov 1757 Portland; d 19 Jan 1849 Penobscot

              Cunningham Lymburner b Scotland; d Sedgwick; m Elizabeth Stover (have her
              ancestors)

              Rebecca wife of Ebenezer Herrick (b Gloucester,MA): They had daughter
              Susannah b 9 Feb 1778 Sedgwick; m Amos L. Eaton 14 Mar 1799 Sedgwick. ( have
              his ancestry)

              Isaac Coombs b bet 1795 and 1805 Monmouth; d 29 Aug 1869 Albany; m 19 Jan
              1826, Otisfield, Harriett Edwards ( have her ancestry).

              Hannah Lathrop b 1742 poss Haverhill, MA; d 3 Jan 1823, prob Gorham; m 4 Jul
              1765 Gorham to Richard Edwards (have his ancestry).

              Nancy Davis abt 1775 RI, m Thomas Urann son of John Urin and Phoebe Davis
              see below)

              Phoebe Davis b abt 1731, Berwick, ME m 1 Jun 1752, Berwick to John Urin
              (have his ancestry)

              Any help with these deadends will be appreciated.

              Cookie Leary
              Omaha, NE
            • skolfs@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
                I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:

                NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
                CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
                in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
                a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.

                EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
                parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.

                HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
                early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.

                CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
                They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
                from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
                Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
                ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
                well.

                Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
                MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
                SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).

                The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
                searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
                anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
                BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
                KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
                SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
                WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.

                Take care,
                Sarah
              • jvmcgovern
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                  Let me add my Family to the List...

                  Brown...Yarmouth, Maine
                  True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine
                  Blanchard...Yarmouth
                  Gordon..Statton, Maine
                  Vining...Durham, Maine
                  Blake... Salem, Mt. Vernon, Maine
                  Sanford...Temple, Livermore Falls, Maine
                  Moore....Phillips, Maine
                  Dyer...Cape Elizabeth, Maine
                  and more.....
                • adiehm
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                    Researching families of:

                    HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth)
                        HENRY DYER of  Cape Elizabeth & Steuben
                        HANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861
                        ANNA DYER  1780-1858

                    JOHN ADAMS WASS of Addison 1777-1852

                    JONATHAN LEIGHTON of Steuben 1767-1847

                    ABIAH DEAN HALL 1787-1867 daughter of NOAH HALL & ABIAH DEAN of MA
                        wife of
                            JOHN WAITE (?) m1812 mother of
                                JOHN J WAITE
                                GEORGE W WAITE 1818-1866
                            ROBERT MOORE m 1822

                    Anne

                  • Roberta Mann
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                      Here¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my
                      Smith's of Maine.

                      Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin, Brackett,
                      Bragdon, Bridges, Brock, Bunker, Burnham, Butland, Butler,
                      Carlile, Chadbourne, Chick, Clark, Cleaves, Clegg, Cloaves, Crispin, Cole,
                      Cook, Coombs, Cooper, Cotton, Cousens, Crawford, Cross, Currier,
                      Davis, Day, Dennett, Dort, Drown, Durrell, Dyer,
                      Eaton, Elliott, Elwell, Emery, Evans,
                      Freeman
                      Gaston, Googins, Goodwin, Grant,
                      Halott, Hall, Ham, Hanscom, Haselton, Haynes, Heard, Hearn, Heckman,
                      Herdman, Hill, Hinckley, Hobbs, Hooper, Hunter, Hutchins,
                      Jellison, Judson, Jenkins,
                      Kelly, Keniston, Kimball Kincade, Kitridge, Knapp
                      Ladd, Lahzf, Layhar, Legersee, Libby, Littlefield, Locke, Lockhart, Lombard,
                      Lord, Lunt,
                      Maddox, Markey, Merrill, Mills, Morey, Moore, Murdock, Murphy, MacBride,
                      McCloud, McGaw, McIntyre,
                      Nason, Neely, Norton, Nowell,
                      Otis, Oldfield
                      Page, Perkins, Pickering, Plaisted, Potts
                      Randall, Reckards, Reid, Remick, Ridlon, Roberts, Rollins, Roone, Rounds,
                      Russell, Rumery,
                      Salvage, Sands, Sanders, Sarbar, Sawyer, Seavey, Seelye, Sharpe, Shaw,
                      Sherwin, Smith, Snowe, Stafford, Staples, Stevens, Stewart, Stuart,
                      Sweetser,
                      Tafton, Tarbox, Taylor, Timmons, Titcomb, Thompson, Towne, Trafton, Tozier
                      Wadleigh, Wagner, Walker, Waldron, Warren, Washburn, Welch, Whipple,
                      Williams, Wood, Woodman, Wormwood, Worth,
                      Yeaton, Young,

                      Bobbi
                      Here's my WebPage: http://home.att.net/~bo66i/
                    • Roberta Mann
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 31, 2001
                        Hi Joan,

                        I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my
                        Smith's are located in various towns in York, Co., ME.

                        I have not researched many of my branch families but they are all decendants
                        of Simon Smith (b. 1583;London,England) and Martha Oldfield (b.
                        1585;England)

                        I have taken a quick look and will look further for you.

                        here's what I have on Dyer

                        Joshua Smith & Margaret Dyer Married 26 April 1828.

                        Joshua Smith was the son of Joseph Smith ( -1873) and Hannah Roberts
                        (1798-1887) m. 4 Dec 1816; Lyman, ME.

                        Is this a help?

                        Bobbi