[MaineFamilies] Ancestor Roll Call

  • Bonnie Senese
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2000
      Here's mine, most are from Bowdoinham, Whitefield, Woolwich, Westport:

      Heath, Blair, Ware, True, Winslow, Peaslee, Reed, Colby, Ware, Norris,
      Preble, Robinson, Webb, Fink, Gordon, Sedgley, Waymouth (Weymouth),
      Buker (Booker), Todd, Converser, Lincoln, Pressey.

      Bonnie Heath Senese
    • Rideout Family
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 31, 2000
        And my Maine surnames are........Strout, Small, Edgerly, Phillips, Sanborn,
        Johnson and Huff.

        Art Rideout
        Fallbrook CA
      • Colleen
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 31, 2000
          ADAMS in Lincoln, ME (1840) and by marriage Standish, Wyman, Barnes,
          Bradford.
          SMITH in Clinton, ME (1830) and other names associated include Nason,
          Dillingham, Hunter to name just a few.....
        • Chuck Heath
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
            Happy New Year All:

            My ancestors are mainly from Lewiston, Minot, Poland, Auburn and Portland.

            The major surnames are: CHANDLER, BANKS, PENNELL, HASKELL, RIGGS, WHEELER,
            POLAND, JORDAN, DENNEN,
            KE(CU)NNINGHAM, PACKARD, BUCK, GITTON, RICKARD

            My current focus in on BANKS (Joseph and Lydia) and PENNELL (HASKELL, RIGGS,
            WHEELER, POLAND)

            Chuck Heath
            Alexandria, Virginia

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
              Researching surnames Hubbard in the Waterville, Me area, 1800's and
              Kearns/Spencer in the Bangor area, early 1900's.

              Betty in FL.

              BeLLis6@...
            • Caroline Leary
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
                I have many Maine families - mostly in Hancock Co., and a few in York,
                Cumberland and Oxford Co.

                Need help finding parents for the following:

                Peter Mograge b 12 Aug 1752 York; d 11 Jan 1817 Penobscot; and his wife
                Peggy Moore ? b 18 Nov 1757 Portland; d 19 Jan 1849 Penobscot

                Cunningham Lymburner b Scotland; d Sedgwick; m Elizabeth Stover (have her
                ancestors)

                Rebecca wife of Ebenezer Herrick (b Gloucester,MA): They had daughter
                Susannah b 9 Feb 1778 Sedgwick; m Amos L. Eaton 14 Mar 1799 Sedgwick. ( have
                his ancestry)

                Isaac Coombs b bet 1795 and 1805 Monmouth; d 29 Aug 1869 Albany; m 19 Jan
                1826, Otisfield, Harriett Edwards ( have her ancestry).

                Hannah Lathrop b 1742 poss Haverhill, MA; d 3 Jan 1823, prob Gorham; m 4 Jul
                1765 Gorham to Richard Edwards (have his ancestry).

                Nancy Davis abt 1775 RI, m Thomas Urann son of John Urin and Phoebe Davis
                see below)

                Phoebe Davis b abt 1731, Berwick, ME m 1 Jun 1752, Berwick to John Urin
                (have his ancestry)

                Any help with these deadends will be appreciated.

                Cookie Leary
                Omaha, NE
              • skolfs@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2001
                  I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:

                  NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
                  CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
                  in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
                  a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.

                  EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
                  parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.

                  HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
                  early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.

                  CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
                  They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
                  from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
                  Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
                  ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
                  well.

                  Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
                  MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
                  SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).

                  The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
                  searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
                  anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
                  BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
                  KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
                  SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
                  WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.

                  Take care,
                  Sarah
                • jvmcgovern
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                    Let me add my Family to the List...

                    Brown...Yarmouth, Maine
                    True...Falmouth and Yarmouth, Maine
                    Blanchard...Yarmouth
                    Gordon..Statton, Maine
                    Vining...Durham, Maine
                    Blake... Salem, Mt. Vernon, Maine
                    Sanford...Temple, Livermore Falls, Maine
                    Moore....Phillips, Maine
                    Dyer...Cape Elizabeth, Maine
                    and more.....
                  • adiehm
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                      Researching families of:

                      HENRY DYER of Truro, MA 1716-1798 (d. Cape Elizabeth)
                          HENRY DYER of  Cape Elizabeth & Steuben
                          HANNAH/ANNA DYER 1771-1861
                          ANNA DYER  1780-1858

                      JOHN ADAMS WASS of Addison 1777-1852

                      JONATHAN LEIGHTON of Steuben 1767-1847

                      ABIAH DEAN HALL 1787-1867 daughter of NOAH HALL & ABIAH DEAN of MA
                          wife of
                              JOHN WAITE (?) m1812 mother of
                                  JOHN J WAITE
                                  GEORGE W WAITE 1818-1866
                              ROBERT MOORE m 1822

                      Anne

                    • Roberta Mann
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 27, 2001
                        Here¹s surnames of my family branches in Maine; directly related to my
                        Smith's of Maine.

                        Ball, Baker, Barteaux, Beals, Bean, Blake, Blanchard, Boocsin, Brackett,
                        Bragdon, Bridges, Brock, Bunker, Burnham, Butland, Butler,
                        Carlile, Chadbourne, Chick, Clark, Cleaves, Clegg, Cloaves, Crispin, Cole,
                        Cook, Coombs, Cooper, Cotton, Cousens, Crawford, Cross, Currier,
                        Davis, Day, Dennett, Dort, Drown, Durrell, Dyer,
                        Eaton, Elliott, Elwell, Emery, Evans,
                        Freeman
                        Gaston, Googins, Goodwin, Grant,
                        Halott, Hall, Ham, Hanscom, Haselton, Haynes, Heard, Hearn, Heckman,
                        Herdman, Hill, Hinckley, Hobbs, Hooper, Hunter, Hutchins,
                        Jellison, Judson, Jenkins,
                        Kelly, Keniston, Kimball Kincade, Kitridge, Knapp
                        Ladd, Lahzf, Layhar, Legersee, Libby, Littlefield, Locke, Lockhart, Lombard,
                        Lord, Lunt,
                        Maddox, Markey, Merrill, Mills, Morey, Moore, Murdock, Murphy, MacBride,
                        McCloud, McGaw, McIntyre,
                        Nason, Neely, Norton, Nowell,
                        Otis, Oldfield
                        Page, Perkins, Pickering, Plaisted, Potts
                        Randall, Reckards, Reid, Remick, Ridlon, Roberts, Rollins, Roone, Rounds,
                        Russell, Rumery,
                        Salvage, Sands, Sanders, Sarbar, Sawyer, Seavey, Seelye, Sharpe, Shaw,
                        Sherwin, Smith, Snowe, Stafford, Staples, Stevens, Stewart, Stuart,
                        Sweetser,
                        Tafton, Tarbox, Taylor, Timmons, Titcomb, Thompson, Towne, Trafton, Tozier
                        Wadleigh, Wagner, Walker, Waldron, Warren, Washburn, Welch, Whipple,
                        Williams, Wood, Woodman, Wormwood, Worth,
                        Yeaton, Young,

                        Bobbi
                        Here's my WebPage: http://home.att.net/~bo66i/
                      • Roberta Mann
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 31, 2001
                          Hi Joan,

                          I am a decendant of Simon Smith & David Goodwin of Kittery, ME. Most of my
                          Smith's are located in various towns in York, Co., ME.

                          I have not researched many of my branch families but they are all decendants
                          of Simon Smith (b. 1583;London,England) and Martha Oldfield (b.
                          1585;England)

                          I have taken a quick look and will look further for you.

                          here's what I have on Dyer

                          Joshua Smith & Margaret Dyer Married 26 April 1828.

                          Joshua Smith was the son of Joseph Smith ( -1873) and Hannah Roberts
                          (1798-1887) m. 4 Dec 1816; Lyman, ME.

                          Is this a help?

                          Bobbi