William Keene Elsemore from Calais(?) Maine

  • William L. Jessup
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2000
      I've just subscribed to eGroups and this list.
      I've been trying to find my GGrandFather who we think came from Maine
      possibly the Calais area back in the late 1800's. I know that his
      name was William Keene Elsemore son of Stillman Elsemore ( We think that
      Stillman may have come to Maine
      from Edinburgh Scotland). William Keene Elsemore's son my Grandfather

      was born in New Jersey and I have his birth certificate listing William
      K. Elsemore as his father but doesn't list where good ole GGranddad was
      born and Mary Augusta (Gussie) Finnigan as his mother I know that she
      was born in Haverstraw, New York.
      GrandFather:
      Herbert John Elsemore b: 20 Oct. 1895 Wantage, Sussex Co. New Jersey
      married Ruth Amelia O'Dell 04, Apr. 1915. both Died in
      Peekskill, N.Y.

      Great Grandfather
      William Keene Elsemore b: Calais(?) Maine
      married Mary Augusta Finnigan from Haverstraw, New York

      GreatGreat Grandfather
      Stillman Elsemore (Edinburgh, Scotland)?
      married Clara Woodman

      Any leads or help would be much appreciated. Can I access a site that
      has the Maine Census(s)? from the 1800's?
      Many Thanks
      Bill Jessup