looking for book

  • susan d szewczyk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
      Hi list,
      I was wondering if anyone knew of a book that would have cemeteries in
      Cape Elizabeth/S portland? I was told that a relative on mine George
      strout is buried in Skillings buring ground, long creek, S portland. I
      have contacted the town clerk but they dont have any records of the
      cemtery. Would any one know where this cemtery is located? I need
      directions. THnaks,
      Sue S
    • Tom Dunn
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
        Hi Susan,
        I believe there are/were two Skilling's Cemetaries in South Portland.
        One on Running Hill Road, the other at the site of the Armory. This
        according to "The Skillin Book", Edgar Yates, 1926.
        Regards
        Tom