Will do lookups

  • susansz@xxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 1998
      Hi folks,
      I have a book that I can do lookups in.
      But, please! limit your requests and please give me time to look things up and get back to you.

      1) Military Service Records
      (A select catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications) IE: I can not look up military records! I can only tell what roll of film they
      might be on.
      a)compiled Military Service Records
      b)records relating to Service in the regular US
      Military.
      c)Veterans Claims
      d) Miscellaneous records relating to military sercice
      Here's an example:
      (Index to compiled service records of Volunteered soliders who served during The war of 1812 in organzations from the state of Lousiana .
      M229 3 rolls 16mm Dp
      Roll one A-d
      Roll 2 E-ME
      roll 3 Mi-Z
      So if I was looking for a robert Actor he would be
      on roll one.

      Example 2:
      Looking for a relative from the Civil War:
      They are listed by state,
      I'm looking for a Edwin Woodsum who was in the 23rd Maine infantry company G.
      What roll would he been on?
      Roll 71 which has:
      19th-32 infantry.

      Example 3
      Looking for a Revoluntionary Solider from 1775-1783.
      I'm looking for a Caleb Woodsum who enlisted in
      Colonel Edwmund Phinney's 31st regiment. He would
      be on roll 466 he was from Maine but is listed in
      the Mass list.

      Sue
      Listowner of Mainefamilies
    • susansz@xxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 1998
        Hi Folks,
        I have another book that may help some of you.
        International Vitarl Records Hanbook by
        Thomas Jay Kemp 3rd edition.
        This book is very helpful but some of the countries are missing.
        So, If you have a country you would like
        looked up please let me know.
        One of the countries missing is Poland.

        Sue
      • susansz@xxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 1998
          Hi Folks,
          Here's another book that may be useful.
          Virtual Roots
          A guide to genealogy and local history on the world wide web.
          By Thoms Jay Kemp
          This has many good web sites by state.

          Susan
        • Susansz@xxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 1998
            Hi folks,
            I just received the two books called
            Mayflower Births & Deaths Volume 1 and 2
            Mayflower Marriages
            and a genealogical dict of ME and Nh
            let me know if you need something looked up.
            I received these books for xmas and I have found
            another mayflower connection to Elder William Brewster.
            Merry Christmas.
            Sue
          • susan d szewczyk
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 1999
              Hi folks,
              I got the book Vital records of York Maine on interlibrary loan until the
              5th of Jan 2000.
              So if you need a lookup let me know. Please limit your requests to 3. If
              you want a copy of the page then send me your snail mail address.
              Thanks,
              Sue Szewczyk
              Saratoga Springs, NY
            • susan d szewczyk
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2001
                Hi Folks,

                I have a few cds that I would be wiliing to lookups on if anyone is
                interested.
                Please, limit your request to one or two surnames.

                1. Familytreemaker Family Archives 'The complete mayflower Descendant Vol
                1-45 and other sources.
                2. Familytreemakers "National Genealogical Society Quarterly Vol 1-85
                1600-1900s
                PLEASE NOTE THIS NOT THE VOLUMES FROM THE NEGHS REGISTERS!
                3. Familytreemakers Family archives Military records: US soldiers
                1784-1811
                4. From the LDS Vital records index North America
                disk 2 -7
                disk 2 has Marriages A-Cn
                disk 3 has marriages Co-G
                disk 4 has marriages H-k
                disk 5 has marriages L-O
                disk 6 has marriages P-Ss
                disk 7 has marriages St-z
                5. Vital records Index British Isles
                disk 1 marriages A-Z
                Disk 2 Births and Christenings A-C
                disk 3 B& C D-I
                disk 4 B& C J-Q
                disk 5 B&C R-z
                PLEASE be specific in your request, no "please look for the surname
                "JONES" etc
                Thanks,

                Susan Szewczyk
                susansz@...