Interesting History Organization

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 5:25 AM
      Hi All -

      There was an interesting article on the Ellsworth American's web site this
      morning, I thought might interest people in the groups. The article
      introduces readers to The Maine Granite Industry Historical Society

      http://ellsworthmaine.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13920&Itemid=86

      A little digging online brought me to the organization's web site at
      http://www.mainegraniteindustry.org/ On their pages, there are a number
      of historical photographs, and the following that I thought someone here
      may find useful:

      "We have the largest collection of books relating to the granite industry
      and family genealogy writings from the families of the men who worked the
      quarries."

      Happy Researching!

      --
      Brian