Help! Tax lists of Washington county Maine Ca 1810

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 6:52 PM

      Hi everyone,

      Would anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find tax lists for the towns of Perry (aka Plantation #1) and Charlotte (aka Plantation #3)

      Between the years 1800-1810? Even if they existed back then?

      I have been unable to prove that Amelia (Churbuck/Chubbuck) Zelma is the daughter of James Chubbuck Jr and Sarah Stoddard.

      She born ca 1792-1794 in Perry , ME. The town birth records for Perry , Washington , ME do not start until 1801. I am have tons of deeds, census, her gravestone photo, her marriage record (which doesn’t list her parents names) but I still have no concrete proof she is their daughter. I am at my wits end and don’t know where else to look. Living family has been contacted and there is NO bible.

      The cemetery where she is buried in Princeton has no burial records. The town of Princeton where she died lost its vital records in a fire. (i.e. her death record)

      The Maine State Archives does not have any earlier records for Perry , ME. I have the vital records of Charlotte . They moved from Perry to Charlotte . I have searched the local newspapers in Machias

      But no obit or anything either. I can locate no church record either. A search for a probate ecord at the Washington County Probate records office found nothing.

      She married Augustus Zelma/Tille/Zelmer spelled different in all the censuses, which I have. The DAR is insistent on getting a copy of a birth record that just doesn’t exist. And I have no other record besides her gravestone and marriage record, and deeds which I gave them and they are NOT sufficient.

      Any suggestions as to what other type of record I could search for proof of a birth would be really appreciated.

      Thanks