Job and Marian Knight of Falmouth, Cumberland, ME

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2007
      Message
      Hi everyone,

      I am trying to find information on the following family.

      Job Knight (son of Enoch Knight and Margaret (Barber) Winslow,) born 14 June 1747 Falmouth, Cumberland, ME
      died after 1830 in Falmouth, Cumberland, ME
      Married Marian Jellison born 13 May 1747, Kennebunkport, ME
      married ca 1768 in Falmouth, Cumberland, ME
      She died unknown date probably in Falmouth,Cumberland, ME

      They had the following children:
      Lydia Knight born ca 1769
      Elijah Knight born 31 Jan 1772
      Winslow Knight born ca 1774
      Simeon Knight born 1776
      ***Mary Knight born 04 May 1779; died 22 Jan 1858, Gorham, ME (my ancestor)
      William Knight born 1782
      Daniel Knight born 1786
      Stephen Knight born ca 1789

      I have purchased the CD from Picton Press Vital records of Falmouth, ME 1706-1892
      But there is a large gap of missing records for the years 1761-1783. Of course most of the records I am looking for are during this missing time period.

      Would anyone know where I might to find these missing records?
      I am also looking for a death date for Job's father Enoch Knight died after 1780. Enoch born Newbury, Ma, 23 July 1709 per vital record
      Enoch Knight served in the Revolutionary War and I have his military records but there is no death date listed.

      Any help appreciated. Thanks for your time.