Richard Strout born 1752 from Maine

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2007
      Message
      Dear Listers,

      Would  anyone have any information regarding Richard serving in the Revolutionary War?
      He is listed in MA sailors and soldiers but after doing extensive research its difficult to prove to the DAR that he did serve.  The listing in MA Soldiers and Sailors says   the town couldnt meet their quota of men because so many left.

      (I am trying to prove to the DAR that he did serve.) He moved to Limington, then Raymond Maine.
      I have searched the history of both towns and he is not listed as serving in any other regiment.
      Would  anyone know if he performed Civil Service in Limington or Raymond during the Rev war?

      Thank you,
      Susan (Cobb) Szewczyk
      Saratoga Springs, NY