Doughty/Brown family of Great Chebeague Island, ME 1814-1860

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28 1:28 PM
      Message
      Dear Listers,

      I am trying to track down information on my ancestor Lucretia (Brown) wife of Job Doughty.
      according to the census she was born ca 1818. Her husband Job was born 20 Jan 1814 in Cumberland.
      Married ca 1832. Job and Lucretia are buried on Great Chebeague Island, ME stones only say
      J.D. and L.D. no dates available. I have searched the internet and have found nothing on Lucretia.
      Family history says that her mother may have been named Mary. As their was a supposable bible that said
      Mary Brown her book. Job is not listed in the 1880 census. Lucretia isnt listed in the 1870 census either. So she must have died after 1860 and before 1870.

      Any suggestions as to where to look for Lucretia would be greatly appreicated.

      Susan