Hello Maine Families~ new guy

  • sylvan_luvr@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2004
      Just a hello,

      I joined on several days back and have not seen any activity. Guess
      you all talked yourselves out before I got here! :D

      Well, I am still in that ambitious mode - gathering all I can,
      organizing the data, drawing up a family tree, seeking leads on dead
      ends, etc. - which is what brought me here~

      One leg of my family leads back to the very early days of Maine
      territory and I have been thrilled to see all the connections there!
      Among the family names are:

      Bartlett - Bittfield - Chase - Crosby - Currier - Griffin - Hale -
      Hutchinson - Jewett - Merrill - Morse - Moulton - Noyes - Perkins -
      Philbrick - Poor(e) - Pickard - Platt - Roberts - Sargent - Sawyer -
      Shattswell - Weed - Wheeler - Winsley - Wood - Yoeman

      Some of these names hale from the early 1600's Mass & NH but all lead
      down to my GG Grandmother Sylvia Philbrick b. 1832/d. 1865, Jefferson
      Maine. I have worked out a great deal on her family & ancestors but
      scarcely a thing on her Husband - John J. (S) Sutherland - who
      emigrated from Upper Canada in 1852. I am interested in extending and
      sharing any of my current information on Sylvias ancestors and have
      some great internet sites that have been tremendous help, but am
      seeking a needle in the haystack on her husband.

      As I settle in and get a feel for the group I will post some queries
      for further info on my list, but for now..... Hello!

      David V. Moore
      Phoenix, Arizona
    • Sharyn Hay
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2004
        > Some of these names hale from the early 1600's Mass & NH but all lead
        > down to my GG Grandmother Sylvia Philbrick b. 1832/d. 1865, Jefferson
        > Maine. I have worked out a great deal on her family & ancestors but
        > scarcely a thing on her Husband - John J. (S) Sutherland - who
        > emigrated from Upper Canada in 1852. I am interested in extending and
        > sharing any of my current information on Sylvias ancestors and have
        > some great internet sites that have been tremendous help, but am
        > seeking a needle in the haystack on her husband.
        snip
        > David V. Moore
        > Phoenix, Arizona

        David, feel free to join the SUTHERLAND surname researchers on the
        SUTHERLAND message board and mailing list. There are many Maine
        Sutherlands, mine being in Aroostook Co.

        Regards,
        Sharyn
      • Laura Meeks
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2004
          Welcome, David ~

          It's a pleasure to have you join us. Although I don't share any surnames with you, I'd be surprised if you aren't able to connect with others on the list. At the very least, you'll find lots of friendly folk who will do all they can to help further your research. Post your query/queries and let's see what we can do. ;-)

          Again, welcome aboard!

          Laura Meeks
          Quartz Hill, CA
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Laura Meeks
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2004
            David,

            If I may, I suggest that you also join the MaineGenealogy group; they're another great group of friendly and helpful individuals.

            Happy Hunting,

            Laura