Marr & DAR

  • Margaret Breedlove
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2004
      Hi Susan,

      I think your best bet is to get in touch with some of the DAR people in Maine.  I was sent papers on Blackwood as I am trying to prove that line for DAR.  Someone out there may have the first few gens already proved for you.  Are you already in DAR?  If it's a supplemental line, you will need to do alot of the work yourself.  If it is the line you use to join, there are lots of great DAR genealogers who will help you.  Let me know if you need some contacts.  There is a DARlings list that has been very helpful to me.  Warmly, Peggie

    • MaryvailR@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2004
        NSDAR Patriot index on-line

        Marr, James

        Rank Cpl

        Service MA

        Death ME Oct 1832

        Patriot Pensioned -Yes

        Spouse - Lydia Libby

        This is the only Marr listed in the DAR Index on line

        Page 504
        SOLDIERS, SAILORS, AND PATRIOTS OF THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR-MAINE

        5 Marr men listed, mostly from Scarborough or Kittery

        Dennis, James, John, Pelatiah and William

        Do you want more information on any od these?

        MVTR