Peaslee

  • adiehm
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2004
      I know this is probably a long shot, but for over 15 years I have been looking for Wilburt/Wilbert/Willburt Nicholas Peaslee.  He married Carolyn Prudence Johnston, b. 25 Apr 1825,  the daughter of James and Martha (Beckwith) Johnston, supposedly in Maine and the parents being born in NB according to her obituary.  Nicholas and Carolyn first appear together in the 1850 census in Calais, ME and are supposedly from WI at that time.  Deeds list them in WI by 1854, but deeds in ME put them there sooner.

      Have any of you run across these two?  Wilbert is listed in one census as being born in ME, and the rest in NB.  Date of birth would be 1824, but have not been able to find parents or the true location.  After a land sale in 1882, I have found nothing.

      Help!  Please!

      Anne
    • adiehm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        Looking for a male Peaslee that was married to an Emma or Elizabeth McAllister.  Records of St David's Parish, NB list an Emma Peaslee, widow, marrying a Nathaniel Marston  29 Sept 1830.  I think these are the parents of my Wilbert Nicholas Peaslee b. 1824 in NB, but both parents born in Maine.

        In the 1850 census Wilbert is staying at the home of Nathaniel and Emma Marston.  This was not a boarding house.  Lots of land exchanges between the people, but nothing stating relationships.

        Any help or ideas appreciated.

        Anne
        Ocean Shores, WA
      • adiehm
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2008
          Looking for birth of Wilbert Nicholas Peaslee in abt 1824.  1850 census says New Brunswich as place, but rest say Maine.  He died in WA state in 1895.

          Married Carolyn Prudence Peaslee abt 1849.  Where?  Her mother and brothers were in Sommerset County, but her fathers family was in St John area.

          Anne