Bridges family, Washington County, Maine

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004

      Dear listers,

      I am looking for information on Hannah Ann Bridges Blackwood Parents and her siblings.

      Family history says she was born July 2 1804 in Belper, county of Derby England

      Father William Bridges born ca 1770 also in England

      Mother Marcy Bowler born 1774 England

      I know she married Mathew Blackwood 12-1-1818 supposably in Dennysville, ME

      (this according to the book Vital records from Maine Newspapers 1785-1820 pg 66)

      The book uses as a source N1 which is the Eastern Argus Newspaper 1803-1820 &

      The Gazette 1798-1820 from Portland (once part of Falmouth, Maine)

      I would like a copy of those two sources if anyone has them.

      Does anyone have a copy of Dennysville Maine vital records 1792-1892?

      The Bridges and Blackwood’s are suppose to be listed in there.

      Hannah died ca 1870-1880 she was living with her son William in the 1870 census.

      I have A LOT of info on the Blackwood family I am NOT interested at the moment in their side.

      I also have Matthew and Hannah listed in the 1850 census of Pembroke I have a copy of the census.

      Thanks

      Sue Szewcyk