Anthony Sawyer, Maine b.1734 married Susannah Marston query

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2004

      Hi,

      I am looking for more information on my following ancestor. Would like to make contact with any descendants.

      Anthony Sawyer born Falmouth, Maine 21 Jan 1734/35

      Married 7 Nov 1755 Falmouth, Maine

      Died 21 June 1805 Portland, Me buried E Deering, Me

      (I found the little cemetery in the woods in East Deering but its next to a school and most of the slate stones were smashed)

      One year I went and saw his son John’s stone the next year it was gone.)

      Book says he was in the French Indian War- but doesn’t list source. I haven’t been able to confirm his service.

      I was wondering if he served in the Revolutionary war. Haven’t seen him listed there either.

      Married

      Susannah Marston born 16 July 1838 Falmouth, Cumberland County, Maine

      Died 31 August 1819 unknown place

      (not interested in parents as I have lots of info already)

      Falmouth, Maine records do not list him. Did a search many years ago.

      Had 11 children (have some information on them)

      Thomas

      John

      William

      Sarah

      Ephraim (my line) also looking for info on him. (gravestone says CAPT, captain of what?? A boat? War service?) research in the NARA has uncovered nothing. Wife name doesn’t match up with any records. (wife- Abigail Ingersoll, have Ingersoll Genealogy, no sources listed in that book either, GRRRR)

      Jane

      Anthony

      Daniel

      Asa

      Joseph

      Robert

      Source: Sawyer Families of New England 1636-1900 by Eleanor Grace Sawyer

      Any help appreciated. Did Falmouth have town/city directories back then?