Joshua Sylvester of Fort Hill, Wiscasset

  • charles s brack jr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      My ancestor Joshua SYLVESTER and family lived at Fort Hill, which may also
      be known as Fort Clark Hill, which is now Wiscasset, Lincoln Co.

      I have 2 questions:
      1. I believe there were eight families there, can anyone name any or all?

      2. Where did they bury any of the group that died there in the 1700s and
      early 1800s?

      thanks, Charles
    • Maryfrances Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2003
        I have this as Fort Clark's Hill. Maine forts site says the graveyard is
        under the Methodist Church in Wiscasset. I have something on this
        somewhere...I'll try to locate it. Mary