Re: [MaineFamilies] Digest Number 403

  • Kathryn Cook-Pelletier
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2003

       MaineFamilies@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Woodsome-Brackett family
      From: "Susan Szewczyk"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:37:36 -0500
      From: "Susan Szewczyk"
      Subject: Woodsome-Brackett family

      Dear Listers,

      I am looking for information on the woodsome/brackett family of Poland, Me

      Here is what I have

      Gideon Woodsum (son of Caleb Woodsum and Suasnnah Allen) he died 12-24-1851 age 71 days 20 days married
      Anna (Brackett??) she died 2-9-1856. Both are buried in the Locust Grove Cemetery behind the Poland Community Church in Poland, Me.

      I have tried to get deathe records for them from the Town Clerk but she said they dont have them.
      She stated that some records of birth, death and marriages were not recorded for some years. (poor bookkeeping)

      I am really interested in trying to find out who Anna's parents were. Anna was born ca 1796 where unknown.
      She married Gideon ca 1807.

      they had the following children:

      John Woodsome born ca 1807 in Falmouth, Me married Deborah Swetland (my line)
      Brackett woodsome born ca 1812 married a Lydia
      Susan A Woodsome born ca Nov 1819 married william Dasey born ca 1817
      Elvira Woodsum born ca 1829 died march 20, 1890
      Gideon born ca 1838

      This info from The Woodsum/Woodsome families of America.
      Any clues on Anna appreciated
      Thanks
      Sue Szewczyk

      [This message contained attachments]

      Hi I have the set of Maine Families in 1790 in volume 2 I see that there is a ref: by Joseph C. Anderson,II CG, FASG of 5337 Del Roy Drive, Dallas TX 75229-3016 to a Book call The Woodsum (woodsome/woodson) family in  america perhaps you can get in touch with this gentleman and find the information you need    Kathryn  kcp239@...

      Do you Yahoo!?