George Dyer, Maine

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2003
      Hi folks,

      I just realized it's been way too long since I've posted my Dyer
      query. I still haven't solved my Dyer brick wall and I'd sure like to.

      Looking for the parents of George Dyer of Thorndike, Maine. Here's
      what I have on his family:

      George Dyer born 1770-75, died 28 Jun 1838 in Thorndike, Maine.
      Married 15 May 1799 in Winslow, Maine to Antiope Pattee, born about
      1780, Vassalboro, Maine, (daughter of Ebenezer Pattee and Mary
      Stinson). After Antiope's death on 13 Aug 1825, Thorndike, Maine,
      George married Lydia Still.

      Children:

      i Mary S. Dyer born 17 Sep 1801, Thorndike, Maine.

      ii Levi Dyer born 17 Feb 1804, Thorndike, Maine. (my line)

      iii Benjamin Dyer born 29 Oct 1806, Thorndike, Maine.

      iv George Dyer born 10 Aug 1807, Thorndike, Maine.

      v Relief Dyer born 5 Jun 1809, Thorndike, Maine.

      vi Abigail Dyer born 6 Jun 1811, Thorndike, Maine.

      vii Sylvia Dyer born 15 Mar 1813, Thorndike, Maine.

      viii Jane Dyer born 4 Apr 1815, Thorndike, Maine.

      ix William Dyer born 2 May 1817, Thorndike, Maine.

      x John Colby Dyer born 18 Oct 1819, Thorndike, Maine.

      xi Ebenezer Dyer born 26 Dec 1821, Thorndike, Maine.

      Several years ago an elderly gentleman James Vickery, now deceased,
      gave me information linking George Dyer to Levi Dyer and Serviah
      Sprague. He gave no source or proof of that connection.

      Levi Dyer was born to William "the younger" Dyer and Elizabeth
      Small(ey) and was christened 12 Nov 1738 in Truro,
      Massachusetts. He married Serviah daughter of Abiel and Hannah
      Sprague on 2 Jan 1761 in Scarboro, Maine and died 16 Apr 1798 at
      Cape Elizabeth, Maine.

      Children of Levi and Serviah:

      George Dyer as above. (Assuming my source is correct)

      Dolly Dyer Married Daniel Ridley Jr on 21 Nov 1799.

      In any case I'd like to find the parents of George Dyer or find
      proof that the above is true.

      Any help appreciated.

      David

      http://www.mdwsweb.com/genealogy-lists