715Ancestor Roll Call

  • skolfs@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2001
      I have tons of Maine names. Here are my brick walls and a few others:

      NEWELL: Franklin NEWELL b. Nov. 7, 1805 d. Oct. 22, 1880, m. Elizabeth
      CLAYTON. Franklin was of Strong, ME when he married Elizabeth. He is buried
      in Wilton, Maine. I am looking for his parents. I suspect he was the son of
      a John NEWELL who is on the census for Strong, ME in the early 1800s.

      EMERY: James M. EMERY b. Dec. 19, 1837 in Lincoln, ME. Looking for his
      parents. He should be on the 1850 census, but I can't find him.

      HARDY: William HARDY m. Cynthia. They lived in the Wilton, ME area in the
      early 1800s. Children were born starting in 1802.

      CARTER: Eunice CARTER was born in Temple, ME. She married Jacob WELCH.
      They had a son, Isaac, born in 1844. The interesting thing is that Jacob was
      from Mendon, VT and that is were Isaac was born. But Eunice is listed as
      Isaac's mother on his death certificate and it says she was born in Temple,
      ME. Jacob and Eunice did live in that area. It is were Isaac settled as
      well.

      Also I have a fair amount of info on ADAMS (York to Bowdoinham to Wilton),
      MOSHER (Temple and Wilton), SAVAGE (Woolwich, Hallowell, Temple, Wilton),
      SKOLFIELD (Brunswick, Weld), STROUT (Cape Elizabeth, Limington, Bradford).

      The rest of my surnames I know very little about and am not actively
      searching at this time. I would however, be interested in hearing from
      anyone searching these names. They are: AUSTIN, AVERILL, BARKER, BARTER,
      BOLTON, CHANDLER, ELWELL, FELLOWS, GOWELL, GRAY, HOWE, JACOBSON, JOHNSON,
      KIDDER, KINNEY, KITTREDGE, LIBBY, MAINES, PARSONS, ROSE, SCRIBNER, SMALL,
      SNOW, STANWOOD, STINSON/STIMSON, STORER, TOWNSEND, TRIM, TUCK, WILKINS,
      WORTH, WRIGHT, YOUNG.

      Take care,
      Sarah
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic