1163Hello Maine Families~ new guy

  • sylvan_luvr@yahoo.com
    Nov 19, 2004
      Just a hello,

      I joined on several days back and have not seen any activity. Guess
      you all talked yourselves out before I got here! :D

      Well, I am still in that ambitious mode - gathering all I can,
      organizing the data, drawing up a family tree, seeking leads on dead
      ends, etc. - which is what brought me here~

      One leg of my family leads back to the very early days of Maine
      territory and I have been thrilled to see all the connections there!
      Among the family names are:

      Bartlett - Bittfield - Chase - Crosby - Currier - Griffin - Hale -
      Hutchinson - Jewett - Merrill - Morse - Moulton - Noyes - Perkins -
      Philbrick - Poor(e) - Pickard - Platt - Roberts - Sargent - Sawyer -
      Shattswell - Weed - Wheeler - Winsley - Wood - Yoeman

      Some of these names hale from the early 1600's Mass & NH but all lead
      down to my GG Grandmother Sylvia Philbrick b. 1832/d. 1865, Jefferson
      Maine. I have worked out a great deal on her family & ancestors but
      scarcely a thing on her Husband - John J. (S) Sutherland - who
      emigrated from Upper Canada in 1852. I am interested in extending and
      sharing any of my current information on Sylvias ancestors and have
      some great internet sites that have been tremendous help, but am
      seeking a needle in the haystack on her husband.

      As I settle in and get a feel for the group I will post some queries
      for further info on my list, but for now..... Hello!

      David V. Moore
      Phoenix, Arizona
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic