BIBLE BASEBALL IS HERE!

  • rsmyth1000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      BIBLE BASEBALL HAS ARRIVED!

      We will be starting Bible Baseball on July 1st. It has been a while in the
      making, but most of the major problems with doing Bible Baseball via e-mail
      group has been worked out. Here is how we are hoping this all works:

      1. 9 member teams will be formed as people request to play. As you sign up
      you will be place on a team's roster. The team assignments are on a first come
      bases and are totally random. No teams will be preformed in order to stop
      the possibility of having a team being filled with ONLY Bible Quiz Champions.
      All teams will have an equal chance of taking home the championship at seasons
      end. Teams will be given names and each player will be given a position and
      a batting order.

      2. I will be the umpire. I will control each game and will rule on any
      conflicts (which I hope will be few). I control the notifications by e-mail and
      ONLY the current batter will know what has happened prior to their at bat and
      the results of their at bat. An e-mail a batter might receive might look
      something like this:

      You are at bat, Tiny Tim. It is the top of the 3rd. Before you came to bat
      Big John hit a fly ball to left center. There is one out, no one on base and
      your team has 3 runs. Which type pitch do you wish to be thrown?

      3. The pitches will consist of the following types:
      A single
      A double
      A triple
      A home run
      Each pitch will be a Bible question. They are easy for a single but
      extremely hard for the home run. The batter gets ONLY one answer and the result will
      be sent by e-mail to that batter. The umpire will determine what the results
      of the at bat will be based on the response of the batter. If the reply is
      correct, the batter will receive the hit based on the type of pitch (i.e. A
      home run, a single). If the reply is incorrect, the umpire will determine if it
      is a strike out, fly ball, ground out, etc. All replies that are incorrect
      will always result in some type of out. The batter gets only one reply to the
      Bible question.

      4. Each team will play a full 9 innings, 3 outs per inning.

      5. Teams will compete for a complete season (which is yet to be determined)
      based on TOTAL RUNS. The team with the most runs at the end of the season
      will receive some type of prize for each player on the winning team. The umpire
      will be the official score keeper.

      It is important to note (in order to keep e-mail to a minimum) that ONLY the
      batter is going to know what has happened BEFORE they came to bat AND the
      results of their at bat.

      NO E-mails will be exchanged between players in order to stop any chance of
      this turning into something other than a Bible game or of their being
      unwanted e-mail. Each player will be able to create a name for themselves when they
      request to play. This name can be any they decide and will the one shared
      with other team members.

      6. The game will be played TOTALLY on the HONOR system. This means when you
      receive your pitch, you must reply based on your knowledge of the Bible (or
      Bible related items) and you cannot take the time to research the answer. When
      this game is played in real time, players are not able to stop and do
      research on the pitch question. Since there is no way that I can check to see that
      you are being honest, the honor system is only as good as your word and your
      promise to not cheat.

      7. In order to make sure the game goes smoothly, an e-mail will be sent to
      the batter PRIOR to the pitch to ensure the batter is up and ready to play. If
      no response is given within a certain period of time (to be determined), an
      out will be called and the next player on the batting roster will be notified
      that they are up to bat.

      8. Each team will be given ample notification of a coming game. If this is
      done correctly, a game should go quickly if everyone is standing by during the
      time the game is to be played. I feel that a 24 hour period is more than
      enough time to do this. However, I understand that adjustments might need to be
      made as we proceed in the season.

      There are still some minor adjustments that will need to be made, but this
      is pretty much how it will go.

      If you are interested in playing Bible Baseball, all you have to do is send
      a blank e-mail to:

      _FBV-BIBLE_BASEBALL-subscribe@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:FBV-BIBLE_BASEBALL-subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

      OR drop me an e-mail expressing interest, along with your batter's name, and
      you will be added to the forming rosters.

      The game is open to everyone, no matter what the age or Bible experience.

      Enrollment starts NOW and runs through June 30th. Looking forward to an
      exciting season of Bible Baseball. Hope to see you playing with us!

      In His Wonderful Love,
      * * * * Robin * * * *
      _rsmyth1000@... _ (mailto:rsmyth1000@...)

    • rsmyth1000@aol.com