something funny - for your amusement

  • Elisabeth Frauendorfer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008

      God created the donkey
      and said to him.
      "You will be a donkey. You will work un-tiringly from sunrise to sunset
      carrying burdens on your back. You will eat grass,
      you will have no intelligence and you will live
      50 years."
      The donkey answered:

      "I will be a donkey, but to live
      50 years is too much. Give me only 20 years"
      God granted his wish.

      God created the dog
      and said to him:
      "You will guard the house of man. You will be his best Friend.
      You will eat the scraps that he gives you and you will live
      30 years.
      You will be a dog. "

      The dog answered:

      "Sir, to live
      30 years is too much, give me only 15 years.
      God granted his wish.

      God created the monkey
      and said to him:
      "You will be a monkey. You will swing from branch to branch doing tricks.
      You will be amusing and you will live

      20
      years."
      The monkey answered:

      "To live
      20 years is too much, give me only 10 years."
      God granted his wish.

      Finally God created man ...
      and said to him:
      "You will be man, the only rational creature on the face of the earth.
      You will use your intelligence to become master over all the animals.
      You will dominate the world and you will live
      20 years."
      Man responded:

      "Sir, I will be a man but to live only

      20
      years is too little,
      give me the
      30 years that the donkey refused,
      the
      15 years that the dog did not want and
      the
      10 years the monkey refused.
      God granted man's wish

      And since then, man lives
      20
      years as a man ,
      marries and spends
      30 years like a donkey,
      working and carrying all the burdens on his back.

      Then when his children are grown,
      he lives 15 years like a dog taking care of the house
      and eating whatever is given to him,

      so that when he is old,
      he can retire and live
      10 years like a monkey,
      going from house to house and from one son or
      daughter to another doing tricks to amuse his grandchildren.

      Elisabeth Frauendorfer
      http://www.magnussa.com