Re: [MagicalWordsBetas] RE: Academic Statement of Purpose

  • Sarah Adams
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013

      What Emily said. Especially the part about "no one holds you to it." Consider this your first piece of academic fiction - the goal is to demonstrate that you can create on paper the image of yourself as a credible student with a specific program of study. Then you get to grad school, reality sets in and you adjust accordingly.

      It's kind of like the grad school version of Murphy's laws of battle - no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

      :) Sarah
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 27, 2013
        And, naturally, it has to be perfect :)

        Ken

        We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.