Re: Been gone a long time

  • Deb Smythe
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
      Hi Melissa,

      Aside from a couple flash fiction pieces, I haven't written in while. Thus my radio silence. I'm determined to break the depression loop, turn off the internal editor and get back to work though. This group has been quiet lately, but I know I can usually find the time to critique so please share when you're ready.

      I love that "reclaim my life" attitude, BTW!

      Deb

      --- In MagicalWordsBetas@yahoogroups.com, "melissamdc104" <melissamdc104@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      > I have been out of writing for about 3 years while going through a very ugly divorce but, I'm ready to jump back into writing and reclaim my life.
      >
      > So, I'm wondering if this site is still active. I'm looking to join a writing organization as well as stay active in my writers groups.
      >
      > Hoping this one is still up and running.

    • L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
        Hey,

        My experience is like Laura's. Groups have lulls and high points. As soon as we are needed, we are here.

        I just got the cover art for my latest novel, which I will post tomorrow for people to see. It's lovely. It was especially fun this time, because this book is with a small press, so I got to pick the cover artist myself. That was an enjoyable process that took about two months. I hope to post about it tomorrow. (If anyone has any questions about it let me know and I'll cover them. ;-)

        On 4/30/2013 10:17 AM, Deb Smythe wrote:

        Hi Melissa,

        Aside from a couple flash fiction pieces, I haven't written in while. Thus my radio silence. I'm determined to break the depression loop, turn off the internal editor and get back to work though. This group has been quiet lately, but I know I can usually find the time to critique so please share when you're ready.

        I love that "reclaim my life" attitude, BTW!

        Deb

        --- In MagicalWordsBetas@yahoogroups.com, "melissamdc104" <melissamdc104@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        > I have been out of writing for about 3 years while going through a very ugly divorce but, I'm ready to jump back into writing and reclaim my life.
        >
        > So, I'm wondering if this site is still active. I'm looking to join a writing organization as well as stay active in my writers groups.
        >
        > Hoping this one is still up and running.

      • Amy Sandbak
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2013
          I've one of those "lurkers" for a few years now, one who's read the posts diligently, hoping to find the time and the courage to jump in. Now that my oldest daughter has just turned three and my youngest will soon turn two, I'm finally finding more time to write again and to critique. I'm excited to join in, and I'm glad it's at a time that the group may be coming out of a lull. Seems like a good time for a newbie to get started.

          Amy S.

          (p.s. To show how long I've been lurking, there was a conversation a while back about deleting inactive users. I am grateful the group decided against it! Hopefully, there are more out there like me.)