Budget alert: Affordable Housing Trust Fund may not get funded.

  • Brenda Konkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2006
      Currently, the Mayor put $300,000 in the budget. (At that rate it will
      take 24 more years to fund the trust fund)

      Ald. Austin King tried to add an additional $200,000. (At that rate it
      will take 14 more years to fund the trust fund)

      Board of Estimates said that we could have the $200,000 if there was
      money left in the contingent reserve at the end of the year. This has
      not gotten us any money for the past two years.More info here.
      http://brendakonkel.blogspot.com/2006/11/were-committed-to-affordable-housing.html

      Now, Zach told me tonight that he will be "going after" the Affordable
      Housing Trust Fund - which sounded like removing the funding all together.

      So, we need some folks to show up and talk about the need for the
      Affordable Housing Trust Fund - especially now that IZ cannot apply to
      rental housing, the Affordable Housing Trust Fund will be one of the few
      tools we have to create affordable rental housing.

      The Council meeting is Tuesday night at 6:30 in the City-County
      Building. Will send more details when I have them.