FW: [mad-oaxaca] Banner Drop for Oaxaca Tuesday at 4, Brittingham Park

  • Leila Pine
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2006

      FYI....on Oaxaca

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bill Anderson [mailto:certainkindoffool@...]
      Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 8:35 PM
      To: mad-oaxaca@...; stopwardisc@yahoogroups.com; mad_foodnotbombs@yahoogroups.com; madwobblies@yahoogroups.com; nonazisinmadison@yahoogroups.com; slac-uw@...
      Subject: [mad-oaxaca] Banner Drop for Oaxaca Tuesday at 4, Brittingham Park

      We had a meeting tonight, and decided that we are doing a banner drop for Oaxaca tommorrow (Tuesday) at 4pm, on the bridge over W Washington, by Brittingham Park.  If you can make it, please show up!

      Also, we are going to have a meeting on Friday at 6pm, in the Memorial Union, TITU ("Today in the Union" board)  John Bruning will be reserving a room.

      At the meeting, we will be talking about ways we can publically show solidarity with Oaxaca on Nov 20th (the day of a General Strike throughout Mexico) and Dec 1st (day of popular uprising) as well as other things we can do to help, like targetting American corporations that are involved in Mexico or do bussiness with the Mexican Federal government.

      Also, we want to have a benefit show, and Beth G will be talking to El Guante.