TODAY - Get Involved in the City Budget

  • brenda konkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      Generally speaking do you think we should have 3% cuts to the Community Services and Community Development Block Grants that provide childcare and neighborhood center support while not requiring the 3% cut from the police AND adding $1.5M for more officers?

      Do you think when we talk about economic development we should be giving handouts to corporations or we should be creating a Madison Metro service that serves 2nd and 3rd shift workers?

      You have a chance to give that kind of input TONIGHT!!!
      6:00 Downtown (Central) Madison Public Library
      201 W Mifflin St.

      (See below for "Build Your Own Budget" Dates and Progressive Dane's Budget 201)

      The Mayor will be having a public hearing to help decide what he should include in his budget.  A list of things that are "supplemental" or in addition to what the departments requested, including some of what was cut with the 3% can be found here:
      http://www.dane101.com/guest/2006/08/22/city_budget_what_will_the_mayor_add_take_out

      Department budget requests can be found here:
      http://www.dane101.com/guest/2006/08/21/city_budget_time_staff_requests

      Additional Upcoming Meetings about the budget and Previous Budgets can be found here:
      http://www.cityofmadison.com/comp/budgetindex.htm

      You are also encouraged to attend the Mayor's "Build Your Own Budget" Hearings on the following Dates at the following locations:
      • Sept. 7, 6:30 pm: "Build Your Own Budget" workshop, Alicia Ashman Library, 733 N. High Point Road
      • Sept. 13, 6:30 pm: "Build Your Own Budget" workshop, East District Police Station, 809 S. Thompson Drive
      • Sept. 14, 7:00 pm: "Build Your Own Budget" workshop, South Madison Health and Family Center (Harambee), 2202 South Park Street
      Progressive Dane's Budget 201 or informational meeting on the budget will be:
      September 12th at 7:30 at the Social Justice Center (1202 Williamson St.)