Thank you! And thank Joe!

  • Brenda Konkel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2013
      WE WON!!!!  Thank you so very, very much!  We could not have done it without you!

      We are happy to report that County Executive Joe Parisi has put the Tenant Resource Center back in the 2014 budget at our full funding amount for 2013.

      Please make sure to thank County Executive Joe Parisi if you see him, and thank the supervisors and others who supported us in this effort.

      We could only do it by working together and our clients, staff, board and volunteers have a very profound and deep gratitude for your support!  We face many challenges with the changing laws and it is good to put this behind us.

      Please join us on November 8th at the Brink Lounge (701 E Washington Ave) for our annual fall fundraiser (donate what you can at the door, no minimum) and a chance to celebrate this victory!

      --
      We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. Frankly, I have yet to engage in a direct action campaign that was "well timed" in the view of those who have not suffered unduly from the disease of segregation. For years now I have heard the word "Wait!" It rings in the ear of every Negro with piercing familiarity. This "Wait" has almost always meant "Never." We must come to see, with one of our distinguished jurists, that "justice too long delayed is justice denied." - Letter from a Birmingham Jail, Dr. Martin Luther King.

      If life were a thing money could buy, the rich would live and poor would die. - Widespread Panic (Arleen)

      Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

    • Isabel Simonetti
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2013
        It's so refreshing to hear positive news like this on a day like today when all you receive is negative information.

        Congratulations!!!

        On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Brenda Konkel <brendakonkel@...> wrote:

[...]

        Isabel M. Simonetti
        Bilingual Personnel Analyst