Fwd: [CommunitiesUnited] Call to action

  • Leila Pine
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2013
      See action requested below.  LP

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: AnnaMarie Moffit <annamariemoffit@...>
      Date: Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM
      Subject: [CommunitiesUnited] Call to action
      To: "CommunitiesUnited@yahoogroups.com" <CommunitiesUnited@yahoogroups.com>

      If you are available, please consider attending this event next week at the capitol. WE are requesting that the JFC remove all language about vouchers from the budget, increase funding per pupil and remove revenue caps. There is still time to make a difference.

      Thanks,
      Anna Moffit

      Dear Network/Coalition Member:IWF logo

      As you know. the voucher "compromise" is headed for the Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee (JFC) on Tuesday, June 4.

      We've been told that the anti-voucher movement needs to have a strong presence at Tuesday's session. It's short notice but we are asking that you do what you can to:
      • Come to Madison on TuesdayJune 4, at 10:00 a.m., in the Capitol, Room 412 East
      • Reach out to other groups and people and ask them to be there
      • Talk common-sense and core values to the people you elected.
      • Demand accountability from your Senators and Representatives and the Joint Finance Committee.

      Yes, it is that important.

      We have created an event on Facebook for “A Day of Action to Save Our Public Schools.” Advertise and disseminate it far and wide.

      We need you at the Capitol, but if you can’t be there─or if you can be and want to do even more─go to the Institute for Wisconsin’s Future website for details.

      --

      “The world in which you were born is just one model of reality.  Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you; they are unique manifestations of the human spirit.”

      --Wade Davis, anthropologist and ethnobotanist