You Asked, We Heard... Urban League 3rd Annual Workplace Diversity & Leadership Summit on May 20th

  • Peng Her
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2013

      You spoke, and we listened. We understand that many of you would like to attend the Summit as a team so that you can share in the experience and the learning together. So, we have added new group rates. A team of 2 can attend the full day (including the Luncheon) for $349, a team of 4 for $599, and a team of 8 for $999. That is a savings of up to 37% off the standard pre-registration fee. Don't delay. Space is limited and filling up fast.

      MAY 20 MONONA TERRACE 8AM TO 5PM

      You spoke, and we listened. We understand that many of you would like to attend the Summit as a team so that you can share in the experience and the learning together. So, we have added new group rates. A team of 2 can attend the full day (including the Luncheon) for $349, a team of 4 for $599, and a team of 8 for $999. That is a savings of up to 37% off the standard pre-registration fee. Don't delay. Space is limited and filling up fast.

      DIVERSITY  *  INNOVATION  *  GROWTH

      Don't miss Wisconsin's premiere gathering of professionals committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. The annual Workplace Diversity Summit attracts H.R. professionals, managers, workforce development experts, emerging leaders, and senior executives. Professionals gather to explore local, state, and national best practices and learn how to foster diversity, spur innovation, and experience growth. This year's Summit will also offer a fun and interactive "diversity, inclusion, and retention mixer."

      Stereotypes, Lazy Brains, & Unintentional Tolerance

      Inclusion Insights, Dr. Steve L. Robbins

      This year's featured speaker, Dr. Steve L. Robbins, is a powerful storyteller with a powerful story to tell. He has an unmatched ability to inspire people even in the midst of disrupting and challenging the way they think about the world. Born in Vietnam, Dr. Robbins immigrated to the United States when he was five years old.  He and his mother faced many challenges as Vietnamese immigrants in a new land, during a time when there was much anti-war and anti-Vietnamese sentiment.

      Working through and rising out of the challenges of poverty, discrimination and the tough streets of Los Angeles, Dr. Robbins brings insightful perspectives on issues of leadership, inclusion & innovation, and the power of caring.  Drawing upon a compelling life journey, his talks and workshops are filled with intriguing stories, laugh-out-loud humor and a keen understanding of human behavior.

      He has been called on to inspire, educate and prepare the workplaces of organizations like Pepsico, Kraft Foods, McDonald's, Disney, Nordstrom, Boeing, Toyota, Honda, Wells Fargo, Mayo Clinic, NASA, the National Security Agency, US Navy, Microsoft, Chevron, and numerous others.

      PRE-REGISTRATION

      Full-day

      only $199

      Half-day

      only $129!

      Discounts up to 37% for groups.

      Sponsorships are still available

      "The speakers were
      poignant, focused, and data driven regarding how and why diversity in the workforce is a win-win."

      -2012 Summit Attendee

      SESSION TOPICS

      Diversity is Good for Business
      Taking an Idle Workforce and Making it THRIVE
      From Best Practices to Actual Practice
      Recruiting a Diverse Workforce
      Local Companies, Global Marketplace
      Creating Equitable & Inclusive Organizations

      CLICK HERE for more session

      and presenter information

      2013 PRESENTING SPONSOR: ALLIANT ENERGY

      GOLD SPONSORS: Exact Sciences | Spectrum Brands | UW Health/Unity Health Insurance

      SILVER: Michael Best & Freidrich | Northport & Packers Apartments
      BRONZE: American Family Insurance | CUNA Mutual | First Weber Foundation | MG&E | WEDC (Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation)

      PARTNERS: ATC (American Transmission Company) | Dean Clinic/St. Mary's Hospital | Edgewood College | Godfrey & Kahn | Herzing University | J.P. Cullen & Sons Inc. | M3 Insurance | Madison College
      Meriter Health Services | Spherion Staffing | University of Wisconsin-Madison | WPS Health Insurance | Wisconsin Dept. of Public Instruction | YWCA Madison

      MEDIA SPONSORS: Capital City Hues | Clear Channel | Madison Magazine | Madison Times Newspaper | Wisconsin Public Radio | WISC TV3 | WORT FM

      STAY IN TOUCH

      Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

      2222 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53713

      608.729.1200 | www.ulgm.org | ulgm@...