Increased Border Militarization: the Killing Fields in the U.S.

  • Leila Pine
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2013
      If you only read one article on so-called "border security" in the current immigration reform debate, this is the one I would most strongly recommend.

      This link leads to the best researched article I've seen yet on the Killing Fields in Texas and Arizona, and why increased "border enforcement" in the "Gang of Eight" bill will mean thousands of more deaths of immigrants at the border, most of whom consider themselves Americans and are trying to reunite with their children and spouses in the U.S. after the frenetic deportations of the Obama Administration (1.9 million so far).  While fewer people are crossing the border, the death rate has doubled due to Obama's massive deportations through the so-called "Secure Communities" program, and the increased militarization of the border.

      Leila