The Capital City Hues - King Holiday Edition

  • Jonathan Gramling
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2013

      Good Morning Everyone,

           With our January 10th edition, as our King Holiday tribute, we focus on Education as the Next Civil Rights Issue with commentary and stories from educators including Geoffrey Canada, Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings, Sal Carranza and others. Ananda Mirilli, James Howard and Wayne Strong are running for the Madison school board. And King Coalition co-chairs Dr. Gloria Hawkins and Ed Lee discuss the upcoming King Holiday celebrations. Centro Hispano held their Reyes Magos celebration for children. These are just some of the stories in Your Capital City Hues.

      Take Care!

      Jonathan Gramling

      Publisher & Editor

      The Capital City Hues

      "The News for ALL of Madison"

      P.S. Our classified ads are posted immediately on our website at www.capitalcityhues.com.

    • Jonathan Gramling
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2014

        Good Morning Everyone,

             In our January 9th edition,  at news stands today, we celebrate the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. Mercile Lee recalls Ambassador Andrew Young, the keynote speaker for the City-County Observance, Dr. John Odom urges us to Converse Less, Do More. Madison and Dane County are using HUD’s Section 3 rules to assist companies like Amigo Construction. Women in Focus is raising scholarship funds with its I Have a Dream Ball. Dr. Jonathan Overby is busy planning the 34th Annual State Tribute and Celebration. Enis Ragland and Benedict Di Salvo are helping non-profits strategically plan through MaxCI.These are just some of the stories in Your Capital City Hues.

        Remember! Celebrate! Act!

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12

          Good Afternoon Everyone,

               In our January 8h edition, our King Holiday edition at news stands now, NAACP President-Elect Gregory Jones, Young, Gifted & Black’s Bradi Grayson, Boys & Girls Club’s Michael Johnson and Black Lives Matter protest leader Deshawn McKinney talk about Ferguson and Civil Rights. Diane Nash, leader of the Nashville sit-in movement, co-founder of the Student Nonviolence Coordinating Committee and leader of the Freedom Rides through Mississippi will be the keynote speaker at the City-County King Holiday Observance. Dr. John Y. Odom talks about how the moment is Now for civil rights. Richard Jones and Everett Mitchell dissect the Ferguson grand jury decision. A powerful Kwanzaa celebration was held at Fountain of Life Church. These are just some of the stories in Your Capital City Hues.