Fwd: URGENT: Come to the State Capitol at 3 pm today!

  • Mario Garcia Sierra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      FYI:

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Voces de la Frontera <vdlf@...>
      Date: Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM
      Subject: URGENT: Come to the State Capitol at 3 pm today!
      To: marios.sierra@...

      URGENT ACTION IN MADISON (UPDATE):

      If you are in Madison, please come to the Joint Finance Committee Hearing at the State Capitol (Room 412 East) at 3:00 PM TODAY, to stand up for students who will be tremendously affected by massive cuts to public education, and the repeal of in-state tuition rights for immigrant students!

      The JFC is set to vote on Governor Walker's destructive education budget today.  The meeting, which was scheduled to start at 1:00 pm, has been delayed and is re-scheduled for 3:00 pm today.

      In 2009, Wisconsin became only the eleventh state in the nation to win access to in-state tuition rates for undocumented students.  This is a historic victory and we will continue fight for the civil rights of our students.

      Thank you for defending the educational futures of our Wisconsin youth!

      Click here to unsubscribe

      empowered by Salsa