Interactive Spanish Class begins Thursday June 9

  • Jeff Burkhart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2011

      We have just 7 spaces left in our popular Spanish class.  Please see instructions below to register!

      Literacy Network is offering an interactive and engaging Spanish class designed for improved conversation. The class, taught by certified Spanish instructor Amy Kemph, focuses on Total Physical Response (TPR), a method that mimics the way you learned your first language: by observing, listening and then practicing words and phrases. Opportunities will be offered to participants to do a language exchange (intercambio) with native Spanish speakers who are learning English.

      This class is a continuation of our spring course; Spanish experience is highly recommended. During this course, we will learn about positive and negative commands and using a map to understand and give directions. We will be learning about irregular present tense verbs as well as exploring the past tense. Vocabulary units will cover phrases and words used in a restaurant and how to offer, accept, and reject invitations politely in Spanish. Other grammar and vocabulary units will be included too, especially considering the specific goals and interests of students enrolled.

      When?
      Thursdays: June 9th -- September 8th (now a 14 week course!)
      6:30 - 8:00pm

      Where?
      Catholic Multicultural Center (1862 Beld St - Just down the street from Literacy Network)

      How do I get started?
      Space is limited, so register soon! Just print and complete the registration form and submit with payment by June 3 to:
      Literacy Network
      Spanish Language Program
      1118 S. Park St.
      Madison, WI 53715

      Class fee is $185, which goes to support staff and programming at Literacy Network. There is no textbook required for this class, but written reference guides will be provided to aid your independent study. Please bring paper and something to write with, as well as enthusiasm for trying something fun and different!

      *If you need to drop the course, a refund of $155 is available through June 16th only*

      Any questions? - Please contact Amy Kemph via amy@... or 608-244-3911

      Jeff Burkhart | Executive Director

      Literacy Network of Dane County

      1118 S Park St |Madison WI 53715

      o: 608.244.3911| f: 608.244.3899

      w: www.litnetwork.org | e: jeff@...

      ---

      Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.

      - George Washington Carver

    • Jeff Burkhart