Re: Fwd: Call Your Senators and Tell Them to Vote NO to DREAM ACT!

  • Salvador Carranza
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2010
      Sandy,

      This message was sent by FAIR, which is the well know White supremacist anti-immigrant group that funded most of the efforts for SB1070 to be passed.  National organizations like NCLR, LULAC, the Rights Working Group, and  others continue to work hard to counteract this groups rhetoric and racist attacks on immigrants.  But I agree that as a community we also need to  do our part and call Senator Kohl and Senator Feingold to support the DREAM Act.

      To send an e-mail message to Senator Herb Kohl click here:
        http://kohl.senate.gov/contact.cfm

      To send a message to Senator Russ Feingold click here:
      http://feingold.senate.gov/contact_opinion.html

      To thank Senator Harry Reid for introducing the bill click here:

      http://reid.senate.gov/contact/

      I urge all to take a few minutes and send an e-mail to all three to support the DREAM Act.

      Sal Carranza

      From: Federation for American Immigration Reform <info@...>
      Date: Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:55 PM
      To: conejitary@...

      Federation for American Immigration Reform

      Senator Reid Declares He Will Push DREAM Act
      Call Your Senators and Tell Them to Vote NO!

      In a press conference in the Capitol this afternoon, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) announced that he will offer the DREAM Act amnesty bill (S.729) as an amendment to the Department of Defense Authorization Bill.  Action on this bill is expected as early as next week!  (To see the video of Senator Reid’s press conference, click here.)

      Like previous versions of the DREAM Act, S.729 will grant amnesty to illegal aliens who entered the U.S. as minors and meet certain educational requirements or serve in the military.  In particular, the bill grants immediate legal status to illegal aliens who have merely enrolled in an institution of higher education or have received a high school diploma. And, while S.729 conditions the ultimate granting of legal permanent residence status upon finishing two years at an institution of higher learning or two years in the military, the bill allows Homeland Security, “in the Secretary’s discretion,”  to waive these requirements in their entirety upon the showing of hardship.

      In the press conference, Reid described the beneficiaries of this bill as “kids” and “boys and girls,” but S.729 allows illegal aliens up to the age of 35 to be eligible to receive amnesty and qualify for federal student loans.  Moreover, S.729 also allows states to provide in-state tuition to illegal aliens—at a time when many Americans can’t afford to send their own students to college. Finally, as a result of S.729, those who receive amnesty may petition for their relatives to be admitted to the U.S. as soon as they reach the age of 21. (To read FAIR’s summary of the DREAM Act, click here.)

      We need your help!!!  Call your Senators NOW and tell them to vote NO on the DREAM Act!  Tell them:

      • You want immigration ENFORCEMENT, not another amnesty;
      • Amnesty legislation rewards those who broke U.S. immigration laws and only encourages more illegal immigration;
      • The DREAM Act unfairly allows illegal alien students to tap federal and state benefits, when those benefits are desperately needed by Americans who are struggling every day to make ends meet.

      To find the phone numbers of your Senators, click hereStay tuned to FAIR for more information.

      Text Your Donation to FAIR NOW to oppose the DREAM Act Amnesty

      text donation

      Donate to FAIR
      Get FAIR Info button 0208

      Be sure to forward this email to a friend!

      . . . . . . . . . .

      FAIR is one of only 155 charitable organizations certified by the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. You can be assured that we are operating responsibly and are committed to ethical standards in our development efforts.

      BBB Wise Giving

      For more information,
      visit us on the web at

      www.fairus.org or
      contact us by phone
      at 202 328 7004.

      Manage your email preferences

      FAIR is a non-partisan, non-discriminatory non-profit organization dedicated to securing our borders, ending illegal immigration and promoting immigration levels consistent with the national interest. FAIR relies solely on the tax-deductible contributions of citizens and philanthropic foundations.