The Capital City Hues - Black History Edition

  • Jonathan Gramling
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2010

      Good Afternoon Everyone,

           The play Buffalo Soldiers, which will run at the Middleton Fine Arts Performance Hall April 9-10,  leads off our Black History Month issue. Vote on Tuesday for the Appeals Court. This issue features candidates Brian Blanchard, Ramona Gonzalez and Ed Leineweber. We take a look at Hubert Harrison, an all but forgotten figure in Black History. Adam Bradley and John Callahan completed the unfinished novel of Ralph Ellison, the author of The Invisible Man. Lydia Thompson, a first generation Haitian American reflects on the land of her mother. Anne Vandenburgh writes about The Pullman Porters. Patrick Sims continues to discuss 10 Perfect. And we have the ruminations of Lang Kenneth Haynes and Andrew Gramling from China. These are just a few of the stories we are working on.

      Take Care!

      Jonathan Gramling

      Publisher & Editor

      The Capital City Hues