Grassroots Leadership College-- UPCOMING FREE WORKSHOPS applications in Spanish/ English

  • Amy S. Mondloch
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11 2:32 PM

    Please personally invite members of your group to join us.

    Hello Everybody,

    I am excited to invite you and your group members to participate in any/all of our 3 FREE upcoming March workshops focused on Investing in Yourself and Investing in Your Community.

    What is the Grassroots Leadership College?  We are an organization that believes everyone is a learner, everyone is a teacher, and everyone is a leader.  We develop grassroots leaders by building skills and relationships in a supportive and challenging environment.

    All workshops include childcare and interpreting for Spanish speakers.  Applications in English and Spanish are attached and are also available online at www.grassrootsleadershipcollege.org/ or by calling 608-441-0085.

    “Asset Based Community Development” with Amanda Bell-- March 8, 5:30-8:30pm, Dinner Included, Catholic Multicultural Center, 1862 Beld St., Madison, WI 53713

    •           Learn to work together for the well being of your home place

    •           Build power and the ability to act effectively through relationships

    •           Discover and mobilize the resources already present in your community

    “Conflict Transformation” with Kathy Germann and Denise Jess-- March 9 & 16, 5:30-8:30pm, Dinner Included, Family Centers Inc., 2120 Fordem Ave., Madison, WI 53704

    •           Distinguish between positions and needs

    •           Learn how to discover and clearly state needs

    •           Enhance the ability to listen while in conflict

    •           Discover how to find common ground and achieve win-win solutions

    “Meditation and Activism” with Don Coleman-- March 27, 9-11:30am, Snacks Included, Catholic Multicultural Center, 1862 Beld St., Madison, WI 53713

    •           Center your energies for positive action

    •           Learn tools to take home for your own meditation practice

    •           Make sure to wear loose, comfortable clothing for this chance to practice

    Applications must be received at least 1 week prior to the workshop. Interpreting is available for Spanish speakers

    Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis.  Space is limited in each workshop.  If you have any questions, please give us a call.

    Peace,

    Amy

    Everyone A Learner, Everyone A Teacher, Everyone A Leader

    a proud member of Community Shares of Wisconsin

    now accepting applications for the spring semester at www.grassrootsleadershipcollege.org

    Amy S Mondloch

    Executive Director

    Grassroots Leadership College