Fw: Help Needed To Keep Maryville Family Together

  • Steph House
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009

      --- On Thu, 10/1/09, Elias Feghali <elias@...> wrote:

      From: Elias Feghali <elias@...>
      Subject: Help Needed To Keep Maryville Family Together
      To: houses0328@...
      Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 11:38 AM

      Forward this message to a friend

      Help Keep Maryville Family Together!

      Dear Stephanie,

      On August 10th, 2008, U.S. Marine Sgt. Michael H. Ferschke died while serving this country in Iraq. He left behind his wife Hota, who he met while stationed in Japan, and their newborn child Mikey.

      Instead of honoring Sgt. Michael Ferschke's ultimate sacrifice, our country's outdated immigration laws are breaking his family apart.

      Because of an obscure law meant to prevent marriage fraud decades ago, Hota is unable to normalize her status as a Japanese immigrant, even though she has a lawful marriage with a U.S. citizen. If nothing is done, Hota and Mikey will have to leave in January.*

      Fortunately, there is something that we can do.

      We can help move Congress to pass a private bill that would give Hota permanent residency in the United States, and we can push Congress to address the broken immigration system so that this never happens to another family again!

      Act now by sending a petition to Congress and the Department of Homeland Security!

      Private bills are very rarely passed without a groundswell of popular support. We need to make sure all our Representatives inside and outside of TN recognize the importance of this bill so it can move out of committee quickly and get to the House/Senate floor.

      We also recognize that passing a private bill won't solve the underlying problem. We need to reform our broken immigration system so that it reflects our values as Americans. What is happening to the Ferschke family should never happen to anyone in this great nation.

      Action Needed:

      We're asking folks to sign an online petition, which will be sent to their House Representative, both U.S. Senators, and the Department of Homeland Security, which is currently reviewing the bill. We encourage people to forward this action alert to your friends in other states, as well.

      We also encourage phone calls to your Congressional Representatives. Ask them to reform immigration for American families like the Ferschke's!

      Act Now

      *The Ferschke's story has been featured in the Associated Press and in newspapers across the nation. For more information about their tragic story, visit: http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=65071

      NOTE: Do not use your email program to forward this message to others as it has been personalized with your account information. To spread the word about this issue, please use the "Forward to a friend" link above.

      Privacy Policy Unsubscribe
      thedatabank, inc.