Fwd: Come to the Capitol next Tuesday

  • Per Fredrik Svensson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 11:13 AM

      The following notice is from Mike McCabe. We are asking that the People's Legislature convene at the Capitol on Tuesday, May 2 at 10:00 a.m. We’ll see you there!

      Ed Garvey

      WISCONSIN DEMOCRACY CAMPAIGN E-LERT

      Yesterday's secret vote by Assembly Republicans not to bring up legislation (Senate Bill 1) creating stricter ethics oversight of state officials was both shameful and shameless, if that's possible.

      We are asking the People's Legislature to assemble at the Capitol next Tuesday, May 2 to protest this cowardly stonewalling of sorely needed ethics reform. We will gather at 10 a.m. by Fighting Bob La Follette's statue on the second level of the Capitol rotunda.

      We know this is short notice, but next week is the last week of session and this is our last chance to tell the Lobbyists' Legislature to clean up its act before it adjourns. So spread the word to as many people as you can as soon as you can.

      Please come if you can. And bring friends. If you can't make it, try to find someone who can attend in your place.

      Hope to see you there. And thanks for caring about the health of Wisconsin's democracy.

      Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
      210 North Bassett Street, Suite 215
      Madison, WI 53703
      Phone: 608-255-4260
      Web Site: www.wisdc.org

      "Look a here people, Listen to me / Don't try to find no home down / in Washington D.C. / Lord it's a bourgeois town, ooh, its a bourgeois town. / I got the Bourgeois Blues / I'm gonna spread the news all around."