Community Alert- Khaja Din

  • worker1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2008
      Dear friends and supporters of the Workers' Rights Center,

      We are writing to notify you about our concerns about a new attorney who has begun working in the Madison area.  You may have seen his advertisements in La Comunidad News.  His name is Khaja Din with KMD & Associates Inc..  There have been a recent incident that has raised concerns for us here at the Workers' Rights Center.

      We recently had one of his former employees, a a Spanish-speaking outreach worker, come to our office. She stated that she was not been paid for a month and a half of her work. She filed a complaint with the DWD's Wage & Hour division for over $3000 in unpaid wages.   Mr. Din failed to respond to the Department of Workforce Development's repeated attempts to contact him to resolve this matter.  The employee will now have to go to court to try to collect her unpaid wages.

      We are troubled by this attorney's actions.  This is not appropriate behavior for someone who wants to reach out to the Latino community.

      Please contact Mr. Din and demand that he respond to the Wisconsin DWD Wage & Hour complaint and pay his employee what she is owed.

      608-216-4940 or by email at www.kmd-associates.com

      Patrick Hickey
      WRC Director
      Workers' Rights Center, Inc.