FW: Executive Director Opportunity

  • Edward Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008

      From: JKelley@... [mailto:JKelley@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:36 AM
      Subject: Executive Director Opportunity

      Hi Everyone-

      Please help Sustain Dane reach a wide and diverse audience to announce our search for a dynamic Executive Director by forwarding this position announcement to your contacts and networks in the community.

      With appreciation and excitement,

      Joann Kelley
      Sustain Dane Board of Directors

      Job Announcement
      Sustain Dane Executive Director

      Sustain Dane seeks an experienced, dynamic Executive Director to capture the opportunity to take our organization to the next level.  Building on our excellent reputation for being a well-respected collaborator and agent of change as well as six years of sustained growth and development, we now seek a candidate who can further accelerate the needed changes in the greater Madison area. We seek a candidate to provide leadership and work with the staff and Board of Directors in a strategic manner to accelerate the transformation of the greater Madison area into a sustainable and resilient community.  For more background on recent Sustain Dane accomplishments see: http://www.sustaindane.org/Pages/RecentAchievements.htm.

      Overview of position
      The Executive Director's primary job will be to guide new efforts to significantly enhance the scale and scope of sustainability oriented outcomes/direction in the Madison area.   We are looking for candidates with:
      7 to 10 years in a leadership role at an organization;
      Strong track record of success;
      Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with staff, board members, and key leaders in the community;
      Strong skills in motivation, consensus building, community engagement, and communication;
      Advanced degree and a background in sustainability are preferred.

      Compensation

      Commensurate with the preferred candidate’s experience.

      Timeline
      This position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is identified, with first round interviews beginning in mid-November and a strong desire to fill the position by the end of the year. For the latest information on the hiring timeline visit Sustain Dane’s website (link below).

       Executive Director Job Description
      Please visit www.sustaindane.org.

      Application
      Please submit a cover letter and resume to bryant@... or by mail. Please include in your cover letter answers to the following two questions:   Why do you want to lead Sustain Dane?   What do you feel are some of the keys to creating a truly sustainable community?